Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Rhode Island High School

amother

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 8:04 am
Is anyone familiar with a high school in Rhode Island? Which community is it in? Is there more than one high school?
I've heard that a number of years back Rhode Island had one high school, with students from diverse backgrounds.
I'm looking for a high school that has students from diverse backgrounds. If you are familiar with other schools, would you please share.
To give you a better idea: I'm looking for a Jewish version of public school, where the population is diverse, and not homogeneous.
Thanks for any info!

imasinger

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 8:17 am
There was such a thing a few decades ago, I think, but now, (depending on how diverse you want), the closest alternatives are Gann Academy and Maimonides, both in the Boston area. The Jewish high schools in Providence are single gender.

doctorima

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 10:45 am
I've never heard of such a thing, only single-gender schools. If it does exist, I would assume it's in Providence, so maybe google and see if you come up with anything.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Apr 06 2019, 11:30 pm
Bump

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 12:30 am
I don't know what it's like now, but a couple of decades ago, it had a combination of NY girls boarding and Providence girls (most of whom were Rabbis' daughters). It had a Bais Yaakov mentality. Not sure what it's like today...

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 1:04 am
http://www.neaths.org ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics