Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Skulener Rebbe's Oldest son is staying in Montreal?
Previous  1  2  3

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 9:52 am
My DH was offered by someone that was close to the Rebbe an opportunity to have us , including my kids go to have an appointment with the Rebbe z"l for a bracha if my DH could drive his family (large family) to the Rebbe when he was staying in the mountains one year. It was right before Rosh Hashana.
We went and because the Rebbe was not well at that time they waited until he would have the energy to speak. We waited there for over six hours. We got to see a L'chaim of a chosson and kallah take place and then it was our turn. I had no idea that I was supposed to cover my sheitel as the Rebbe was makpid with that. His daughter was super kind and gracious and she came downstairs and brought me a tichel to wear.
We all went into the room together. It was a small room. No mechitza. And the Rebbe bentched each one of us for a healthy and gebentched year.
That year we felt SO good going into Rosh Hashana. And sure enough it was a truly blessed year for us. I got pregnant right after I received that bracha, we moved shortly after to a bigger and nicer apartment (something we couldn't afford until then) and I was offered a job (I hadn't worked in five years) the day we looked at the apartment. Our parnassah improved, our quality of life improved and we were blessed with an addition to our family who was born exactly one year after we received the bracha from the Rebbe. It was out only experience ever going to a Rebbe for a bracha and it's something I cherish, so much.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 7:02 pm
This morning my husband asked me, "Did I ever tell you how the Skulener Rebbe impacted me?"
No, I had never heard.
He said that when he was in eighth grade, the Rebbe ztl came to the OOT community that my husband is from. He had a Tish in the kollel Friday night.
At that time, my husband was not doing so well ruchniyus wise- secretly going to the library and checking out and watching tons of movies. (Don't ask where his parents were- he is from a dysfunctional home.)
He said that seeing the Rebbe and sending his kedushah had a big impact on him, and that's when he started to stop watching movies.
Zya.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:55 pm
The talk in Skulen Bais Medrash in Lakewood is that the Montreal son is moving into his father's house in Brooklyn soon.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 9:14 am
amother wrote:
The talk in Skulen Bais Medrash in Lakewood is that the Montreal son is moving into his father's house in Brooklyn soon.

The same is being said in montreal now Crying
Its truly a great loss for us.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 10:19 am
amother wrote:
The same is being said in montreal now Crying
Its truly a great loss for us.

Can you or anyone else please share some of what you know about the son, the new Rebbe?

Also does the son speak English to people who dont speak Yiddish that well?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 10:39 am
amother wrote:
Can you or anyone else please share some of what you know about the son, the new Rebbe?

Also does the son speak English to people who dont speak Yiddish that well?

I went to school with his daughters and had the zechus of having the Rebbitzen as a teacher. They are exceptional people. Pure tzaddikim.
My husband's family is very close to Skulen. In a candid conversation, the Rav gave my husband some marriage advice. He shared that every time he comes home, he stops in front of the door and makes sure that he is ready enter and be a good husband to his Rebbitzen and father to his children.
This family is universally loved and revered by the entire Montreal community. Their departure will leave a gaping hole in our hearts.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 12:31 am
amother wrote:
I went to school with his daughters and had the zechus of having the Rebbitzen as a teacher. They are exceptional people. Pure tzaddikim.
My husband's family is very close to Skulen. In a candid conversation, the Rav gave my husband some marriage advice. He shared that every time he comes home, he stops in front of the door and makes sure that he is ready enter and be a good husband to his Rebbitzen and father to his children.
This family is universally loved and revered by the entire Montreal community. Their departure will leave a gaping hole in our hearts.

OP here. This is beautiful! Thank you.

crust

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 12:43 am
I heard this Shabbos in shul that he's staying in Montreal.
I really wonder what the final decision is going to be.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 12:45 am
As of now he's moving to Boro Park after Pesach.
In Skulen you can truly never know what will be till it actually happens.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 12:58 am
crust wrote:
I heard this Shabbos in shul that he's staying in Montreal.

I heard he had a huge crowd all Shabbos in BP.

Seeing the crowds from all BP Shuls might make the decision easier.

My feeling is that Ehrliche Yidden are looking for Anti-Machlokes at any cost Rebbes.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 1:17 am
This week people from all over went to Boro Park for shabbos. The Williamsburg & Monsey shul was practically empty.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries