Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Urgent tehillim needed

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 7:52 am
I’m not comfortable sharing my name since I may be recognized on here and in real life. But I’m having severe mental health issues in and in need of help that I can’t get until Monday. I’m in Israel and that’s the earliest I could get in to see a therapist (I speak Hebrew fluently mostly but wanted an English speaking therapist). I’m also terrified that I will need to go to the mental health ER here over Shabbat and I won’t be able to find out if it acceptable to take a taxi. I have no idea how I will get through Shabbat since I am just lying in bed crying. Please pray for me. And any advice about navigating mental health issues related to a recent severe traumatic event are welcome. I’m in southern Israel and the nearest city with healthcare is Be’Er sheva. Insurance is clalit but I’m probably going to end up paying privately for therapy unless there is a way to get in through clalit sooner.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 8:00 am
If you are having a crisis, even on Shabbat, please call 101. Hatzolah has a team of mental health experts that will come to you, talk to you gently, and then ask if you want to be transported to a facility. I know this, because I went through the same situation with DD, when she was suicidal.

YOUR HEALTH COMES BEFORE SHABBOS. ALWAYS!

I've heard this again and again in the name of the biggest rabbis of our time, and I can say with confidence that if you feel you are at risk, you can do whatever you need to, including calling someone, riding in a car, and signing yourself in. It is all permitted to save your life.

Mental illness is a real illness, just like anything else. Please do what you have to in order to stay safe and get well. I'll be davening for you extra hard.

Hug Hug Hug

little neshamala

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 8:25 am
Im davening for you

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 8:46 am
Me too.May you menucha and gain koach from the coming week this Shabbos and may your journey to where you want to be go smoothly, with the right shlichim, and the constant feeling that all the kochos you need are within and accessible.

Amalia

Post Fri, Apr 05 2019, 9:46 am
What FF said.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Apr 06 2019, 1:16 pm
OP, please let us know how you are doing. I've been thinking about you all Shabbos.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Apr 06 2019, 2:45 pm
Thank you so much it means so much. I got through Shabbat. I spent most of the time crying in bed. My husband and neighbors helped with the kids and a friend brought dinner tonight. Going to my family doctor tomorrow and hoping to get some help. I’m going to sleep now.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Apr 06 2019, 2:52 pm
Thanks for the update, I hope things turn around for you soon.

The best advice I can give you, is when you want to completely give up on life, think of just one thing that will keep you from doing it. Grab that thought, and hold on tight.

Imagine your child growing up without you. Imagine your parents at your funeral. etc.

In my case, I live alone. When I get to that really dark place, my dog comes and puts her head in my lap. It's like she's saying "Don't leave me! Who else is going to love me as much as you do? Are you going to leave me with strangers?"

It may sound silly, but I have had my dog save my life more than once. (My cat doesn't care one bit, LOL)

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 4:00 am
My heart goes out to you. I hope you are feeling a little better.
I had one thought for you in case it might be relevant. Have you had blood tests? Medical reasons for example a thyroid imbalance could cause mental health issues.
Hatzlacha and all my love.

shirachadasha

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 6:27 am
Refua sheleima. I davened for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed