Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet training in less than a day

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:44 am
Anyone did this method ? What was your experience? Tips or advice? Things you did differently to the book?

ectomorph

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:57 am
Didn't work for us I personally I think nothing works unless the child is ready

Iymnok

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:21 am
There are guidelines in it to determine if your child is ready. It worked okay. I didn’t follow it to the letter since I was being a bit lazy.
It’s okay to combine methods.

enjoying kids

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:27 am
What's the rush?

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:21 am
Iymnok wrote:
There are guidelines in it to determine if your child is ready. It worked okay. I didn’t follow it to the letter since I was being a bit lazy.
It’s okay to combine methods.

So my child is surely ready. Its pre-pesach and don't want to spend forever training. But also don't know if Im ready to commit to a "method" so to speak. So Im wondering what did you follow and what worked?

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:22 am
ectomorph wrote:
Didn't work for us I personally I think nothing works unless the child is ready

Did your child pass all the "tests" in the book?

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:22 am
enjoying kids wrote:
What's the rush?

Its pre-pesach Confused

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 2:52 pm
Bump

Rachel Shira

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 3:03 pm
I don’t know about this specific method, but I know with toilet training that if you are in a rush or exert pressure, it often backfires.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 3:05 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
I don’t know about this specific method, but I know with toilet training that if you are in a rush or exert pressure, it often backfires.

So actually my DC is very ready, and Im not going to pressure him if I follow this method to a T. Question is if it works in people's experience or its a waste of time and energy and I should just do it the "normal" way...

Tehila1

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 3:07 pm
I also personally think that until a child wants to do it out of his own accord, nothing will work. I was struggling with my three yr old who had no interest and suddenly one fine day pulled of his diaper and that was it.

We still had plenty of accidents, but he was doing it because it was something HE wanted to do.

nchr

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 4:46 pm
This did not work for us and besides for my oldest, I toilet trained our kids when they asked me to.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 4:48 pm
Are you sure you want to have a newly toilet trained child over pesach? I find it much more stressful than dealing with diapers. They need a lot of attention and help in the beginning even if they aren't having accidents, and with everything else going on it doesn't seem very convenient to have to drop everything and run to the toilet all the time.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 5:52 pm
I followed the book exactly for 3 of my children. Worked great. I would definitely do it again with next child.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 6:03 pm
amother wrote:
So actually my DC is very ready, and Im not going to pressure him if I follow this method to a T. Question is if it works in people's experience or its a waste of time and energy and I should just do it the "normal" way...

If he's very ready - you don't need a method. Tell him no more diapers - we use the toilet now.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 6:18 pm
I toilet trained two kids in a day. Both were really really really ready. I just told them very calmly no diapers anymore. Took them to the bathroom every twenty minutes or so. Each time they did number one got one chocolate chip (and for younger one also older sibling got) and number two they got two. Did both ...got three. Both had one wet accident and never had again bh. Both toilet trained at night within a week as well.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:57 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I toilet trained two kids in a day. Both were really really really ready. I just told them very calmly no diapers anymore. Took them to the bathroom every twenty minutes or so. Each time they did number one got one chocolate chip (and for younger one also older sibling got) and number two they got two. Did both ...got three. Both had one wet accident and never had again bh. Both toilet trained at night within a week as well.

I’m in the middle of toilet training and I also give a chocolate chip as reward. At what point do they start asking to use the potty? He’s doing pretty well just not asking yet . Started on Sunday

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:05 pm
Gets an extra chocolate chip if child tells you he needs to go and goes...it worked for us.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 1:31 am
I never read the book, but with one of mine, I tried training and it wasn't going anywhere, so I waited about 6 months, and he trained himself when I took off the diaper one day. (I tried to take him to the bathroom every 20 minutes with a timer on, and he just took himself in between all of those intervals, and no accidents, bH!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training