Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheitel Delayed 6 months- what should I do?
Previous  1  2

r1

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:51 pm
If it’s too late for it to be worth it for u than just ask for the deposit back, it wasn’t ready on time so you want out.

If u go in to see the wig that invalidates ur point. Since obviously if u like it you’ll be willing to deal with the delay.

frumNYC

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:51 pm
What do you suggest I do?
My rabbi says they should compensate me accordingly, and since the wig was not cut they should give me the deposit.

frumNYC

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:54 pm
[quote="r1"]If it’s too late for it to be worth it for u than just ask for the deposit back, it wasn’t ready on time so you want out.

If u go in to see the wig that invalidates ur point. Since obviously if u like it you’ll be willing to deal with the delay.

You are correct. But I am entitled to not like the sheitel... despite the delay. If I like the sheitel I will want it. If not I dont see the point in buying it at all.

shyshira

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:59 pm
frumNYC wrote:
What do you suggest I do?
My rabbi says they should compensate me accordingly, and since the wig was not cut they should give me the deposit.

I think you should figure out if you actually want this wig (which at the beginning of this thread, I was under the impression you did) before you do anything else.

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 11:01 pm
frumNYC wrote:
Amex will refund me. If they don’t I will involve a rabbi and then sue them.

Why would you rather take the difficult road?

What do you think your Rabbi will do? Do you think he will call them up and get you an arbitrary discount? Face it, $600 is completely arbitrary.

It will cost the company money to hire a lawyer to show up for court, but it will also take your time. You mention you want to keep their good will. Don't you think you would be better off speaking to them nicely yourself?

Also, taking a frum company to court for a 3 month delay would not endear you to your peers in my community.

r1

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 11:19 pm
[quote="frumNYC"]
r1 wrote:
If it’s too late for it to be worth it for u than just ask for the deposit back, it wasn’t ready on time so you want out.

You are correct. But I am entitled to not like the sheitel... despite the delay. If I like the sheitel I will want it. If not I dont see the point in buying it at all.

Putting a deposit u commit to buying the wig... if u wanna say it’s too late that’s one thing, but to say u wanna see if u like it is a whole other conversation.

frumNYC

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 11:37 pm
I want the wig if it fits well. If it doesn’t I would like a refund. Obviously before I cut.

shyshira

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 12:03 am
frumNYC wrote:
I want the wig if it fits well. If it doesn’t I would like a refund. Obviously before I cut.

Great. I hope you like it!

r1

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 7:57 am
frumNYC wrote:

Is that how it works though? When I bought custom wigs (not Zelda) once u have a deposit the piece was yours. They would adjust it etc. but ur committed.

asmileaday

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 9:05 am
frumNYC wrote:

Custom order wigs don't work like that. Unless you told the company that when ordering and they agreed to it. Which is highly unlikely.

trixx

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 9:18 am
Sorry but you kind of sound like a difficult customer. Wig was delayed and they don't have good communication - OK not the best. Did you ever let them know, "hey I need something on my head so I am being forced to now buy something cheap"?

Did you call more than just twice (and from what I've heard about the previous person you bought from, who is amazing, you have to call multiple times). This is not the best customer service but it's not unheard of in the industry. Is it OK - no. Will you be the hero that sues that everyone says "oh great I keep waiting for someone to take down the shaitel industry bc they don't respond to customers" uh no.

Did YOU communicate at all? Are you even planning to before getting Amex and court (?!) involved and damaging their business not to mention your own reputation as a menschlich person, not to mention the good will you delusionally think you might still retain with them?

Why don't you walk in or call and have a decent conversation, explain why you are upset and what you would like to see happen. Whether or not you're a lawyer is pretty irrelevant. Just chalk it up to sh!tty customer service instead of "breach of contract" (? Is your hairdresser even considered an independent contractor?)

And ask THEM what they can do for you ($600 and you'll be happy? So you're not only a pain customer you are also a cheap one and not worth the headache - they'll gladly pay you to never do business with you again)

This may sound mean but your posts are really coming across with an entitled and annoying attitude.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:17 am
I would write them a letter saying that their delay caused you x amount of lost money and makes you reluctant to do business again with them and see what they offer you.

ivfhelp

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 11:57 am
I'm not commiting on the merits of the case or whether you should sue them. If you do decide to sue, I would recommend going to a dayan and/or beis din instead of court. Its a serious issur to go to court and there are plenty of good rabbonim/botei din in NY that can resolve this issue faster and cheaper than court.

Amarante

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 2:50 pm
There are two separate issues.

I do believe that a 10% discount for the delay is reasonable and I think any normal business would willingly give such a discount for a high end product to keep a customer happy - because an affluent customer probably has affluent friends who might purchase - or not depending on the recommendation.

However, in general one can NOT reject a special order product because one does not "like" it. The contract would state objective measures - I.e. length of hair; type of hair; style etc. but you are now attempting to insert subjective criteria - I.e. vaguely that you don't like the fit.

You have the right to reject the wig and forfeit the deposit. That is exactly what a deposit is for as I would assume that it more or less makes the wigmaker whole for actual costs but doesn't provide any profit.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels