Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Dieting on Pesach

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:29 pm
I really don't want to gain weight over Pesach as Imposing very nicely on Weight Watchers. Any tips how not to gain?

shanarishona

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:32 pm
Following

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:38 pm
amother wrote:
I really don't want to gain weight over Pesach as Imposing very nicely on Weight Watchers. Any tips how not to gain?

Write down and track everything you eat.
Try to limit the passover cake and cookies which are so fattening.
Make sure to have healthy food for YOU, your veggies and fruit and protein, veggie soups etc.
Matzah is a lot of starches, one round matzah is equal to four starches. Try to limit as much as possible.
Goal should be to stay the same!
Good luck to all of us!!!

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:40 pm
I think Pesach can be easier if you put your mind to it.
Eggs, vegetables in all different versions (kugel, patties, spiraled, fresh, soup), coffee, tea, yogurt, fruits

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:00 pm
I eat the same way every day of the year. I eat to satiety. I dont t eat sugar and grains. I don’t eat fruit and avoid nuts( because they don’t work for me), personally. I don’t eat processed food. It does not matter what plan you are on. I’ve been doing this for almost two years. It’s absolutely doable.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:05 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I eat the same way every day of the year. I eat to satiety. I dont t eat sugar and grains. I don’t eat processed food. It does not matter what plan you are on. I’ve been doing this for almost two years. It’s absolutely doable.

Same here. With veggies and protein I'm good to go. I don't eat any carbs at all and I don't eat fruit either and I always feel full and satisfied. It's all about making the right choices. I lost weight last year Pesach and I was pregnant. I stuck to eating very healthy and stayed away from sugar and junk.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:10 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Same here. With veggies and protein I'm good to go. I don't eat any carbs at all and I don't eat fruit either and I always feel full and satisfied. It's all about making the right choices. I lost weight last year Pesach and I was pregnant. I stuck to eating very healthy and stayed away from sugar and junk.

Yup! It’s doable and sustainable! Not a diet, a way of life! Whatever your good plan is, if you do it as your lifestyle, as your base line, you’ll be ok.

essie14

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 1:04 am
Stay on weight watchers and continue doing what you’ve been doing.
Count those matza points and eat lots of vegetables and drink plenty of water. I like to flavor my water with fresh mint and lemon.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 1:28 am
It’s not so simple if you’re going away and not eating your own food.

mumaus

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 1:45 am
andrea levy wrote:
I eat the same way every day of the year. I eat to satiety. I dont t eat sugar and grains. I don’t eat fruit and avoid nuts( because they don’t work for me), personally. I don’t eat processed food. It does not matter what plan you are on. I’ve been doing this for almost two years. It’s absolutely doable.

Sounds amazing. What do you do about matzah at the Seder and Lechem Mishne etc?

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 2:36 am
I wasn’t able to count points last pesach. When I figured out that eating the kzeisim at the Seder along with the wine would make me go over the points, I felt very discouraged. I ended up not gaining, but not loosing either.
Here’s what I did:
-Light grape juice
-Lots of eggs, veggies, fruit, Greek yogurt,tuna and grilled chicken
-I did have some pesach snacks and pesach cakes but I didn’t let myself go overboard. I kept thinking about the scale and my weight before I ate.
-I walked for 10-15 minutes each day..
-When pesach was over I got right back into it. I didn’t say “I’ll try again after shabbos..” I just did it

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 6:21 am
amother wrote:
It’s not so simple if you’re going away and not eating your own food.

I will be going away second days. I requested fridge space so that if the food is not appropriate I can eat in my room. Yes, it’s that important to me.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 6:25 am
[quote="mumaus"]Sounds amazing. What do you do about matzah at the Seder and Lechem Mishne etc?[/quote

Me- I have a heter for medical reasons non to touch matzah or lechem Mishnah. My husband, son and mother eat only as required and eat the way they usually do otherwise. They only do what is halachically required.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 5:08 pm
andrea levy wrote:

Andrea, what do you do you recommend about having to have matzoh at the Sedorim, while staying on Keto??

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 5:16 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Andrea, what do you do you recommend about having to have matzoh at the Sedorim, while staying on Keto??

I would speak to your LOR.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise