Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How does your face look good on Shabbos and Yomtov?
Previous  1  2  3  4

champagne

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:44 pm
My long yom tov tricks:

-the best way to make your makeup last a long time is by layering different products and different textures.

-On long yamim Tovim, go for eye makeup that won’t get smudgy and get on your undereye. That will give you that dark look like you haven’t slept. I use minimal eye shadow and stick to tattoo-like eyeliners and a good mascara. L’Oréal makes a dupe of the expensive Better than S*x mascara called Lash Paradise. (Also the name isn’t embarrassing.)

Also, layering your eyeliner goes a long way. For example I’ll use Inglot cream eyeliner (which is like cement) and then put Rimmel exaggerate waterproof liquid eyeliner gently on top of that, and then use my cream eyeliner brush to press black eye shadow in. After yom tov, I STILL have to scrub this combo off!

-for skin, I’ll only put where I need—it’s called spot concealing—instead of putting foundation all over. I’ll use a heavy duty concealer like Makeup Forever full cover, layer it with powder, then do another layer... Because I only put it where I need it and blend it out, even though I’m putting quite a lot, my entire face doesn’t look and feel too heavy or sticky.

Maybelline makes a great liquid lipstick called matte ink or something. It lasts forever.

mishpacha1

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 11:22 pm
I havent really mastered keeping face makeup on but my eyes and lips stay really well bH.
On my eyes I use Urban decay eyeshadow primer potion in sin colored (maybe cuz I look like I did the aveira of being mechalel shabbos Wink) and it literally keeps my eyeshadow on for 2day and sometimes even 3 day yom tovs!!!!!!!! I use liquid eyeliner on top which stays on nicely (sephora brand) and Too Faced bts waterproof mascara, also stays on rly well.
For lips I use a target brand (x remmeber which one) long lasting lipstick- lasts through shabbos, havent tried it longer than that but doubt it would last longer.
Unfortunately havent found blush/ bronzer/ foundation/ eyebrow pencil that stay overnight but I do move around in my sleep a lot and bH my eye and lip makeup stays on.
and btw....this takes less than ten mins bH

gazingblue

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 1:57 am
champagne wrote:
My long yom tov tricks:

-the best way to make your makeup last a long time is by layering different products and different textures.

-On long yamim Tovim, go for eye makeup that won’t get smudgy and get on your undereye. That will give you that dark look like you haven’t slept. I use minimal eye shadow and stick to tattoo-like eyeliners and a good mascara. L’Oréal makes a dupe of the expensive Better than S*x mascara called Lash Paradise. (Also the name isn’t embarrassing.)

Also, layering your eyeliner goes a long way. For example I’ll use Inglot cream eyeliner (which is like cement) and then put Rimmel exaggerate waterproof liquid eyeliner gently on top of that, and then use my cream eyeliner brush to press black eye shadow in. After yom tov, I STILL have to scrub this combo off!

-for skin, I’ll only put where I need—it’s called spot concealing—instead of putting foundation all over. I’ll use a heavy duty concealer like Makeup Forever full cover, layer it with powder, then do another layer... Because I only put it where I need it and blend it out, even though I’m putting quite a lot, my entire face doesn’t look and feel too heavy or sticky.

Maybelline makes a great liquid lipstick called matte ink or something. It lasts forever.

Some practical real life advice. Thanks! Any idea if these products are ok for Pesach?

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 2:19 am
I find Maybelline 24 hr works quite well, though I've started doing a couple of layers (I also use some Careline as one layer. Don't know how well it works alone.. Also eyeliner, whatever I found on Amazon & I layer it with my crayon.

For blush here's a trick I invented. I put a few dots of my 24 hour lipstick ! I blend that with my cream blush. Now it's way to dark. So over that I layer a little of my cover up which is Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer. This tones it down so it's not too red, but as the whole combination wears off I still have a bit of color.

That and what's left of the eye liner & lip gloss and I do feel halfway decent. I'm not looking for perfect, just not to look like death warmed over, which is how I look with no makeup at all : )

(I don't use base, I only use the concealer under my eyes & on spots that need it, blended in w moisturizer. But not for Shabbos bec it's not going to last & I'd rather have clean skin.)

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:11 am
I use kat von d tattoo liquid eyeliner or maybelline gel (in a pot) eyeliner. Loreal carbon black waterproof mascara is literally bulletproof. Use an eyeshadow base like mac paint pot eye cream color or P. Louise base and then pat your eyeshadow onto the lid. Use a good primer before applying foundation, and after you're done everything, spray urban decay all nighter all over your face and fan it dry.

Good luck and feel beautiful!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:20 am
seeker wrote:
Dear G-d is there no safe topic to ask about?
Can't a bunch of ladies handle just talking about makeup?
This is incredible.

Clearly not! 🤣🤷‍♀️

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:22 am
amother wrote:
Do we? Well, I guess you’ll never know will you. Does my private life bother you?
Let me add the dh walks down the street on YT and every woman he sees has a perfectly made-up face. So he wants me to look the same. And I refuse to put on ten layers and sleep with them no less. Yuck!

Not every woman he sees looks like that because several of us have said that we don’t.

And as amother Ivory pointed out, your DH shouldn’t be looking at these other women, made up or not.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:28 am
amother wrote:
I’d rather be “yuck” than mechalel shabbos 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’d rather be clear faced than either of these options! 🤷‍♀️🙂

champagne

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 9:13 am
gazingblue wrote:
Some practical real life advice. Thanks! Any idea if these products are ok for Pesach?

Happy to help! The Maybelline lipstick—I checked all the ingredients and none are wheat-based as far as last year Pesach. But of course please don’t take my word for it and double check that. I am only makpid on lipstick personally. I don’t know about the eyeliners.

Simple1

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 9:55 am
amother wrote:
I’d rather be clear faced than either of these options! 🤷‍♀️🙂

Same here.

livinginflatbus

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:03 am
You ladies all sound like real makeup professionals! I’ve tried many different products but by the second day 99 percent is off . I think it also depends on the skin type ; some naturally keep makeup on better .

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:10 am
It depends on the skin type and also if you have a good skin care routine. If you have a good skin care regimen, your skin can look gorgeous with minimal makeup.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 5:14 pm
amother wrote:
Exactly. Why do you wear nice clothes?
Why don’t you wear a garbage bag? Don’t you want your husband to like you the way you are?

People, myself included, have faces that are far from pretty, and some nice makeup enhances the face to a beautiful level.

Makeup can’t make an ugly person beautiful. It can make them look better, but not beautiful. If you don’t have it you don’t have it.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 5:17 pm
amother wrote:
Do we? Well, I guess you’ll never know will you. Does my private life bother you?
Let me add the dh walks down the street on YT and every woman he sees has a perfectly made-up face. So he wants me to look the same. And I refuse to put on ten layers and sleep with them no less. Yuck!

He wants u to look the same? He shouldn’t be looking at other women and sizing up how nice they look, Nor should he be comparing them to his wife! Uch, and u accommodate him! That’s sad.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics