Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Flying with liquid children's tylenol

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:50 pm
Does elal allow bottles of children's meds in the carry on? More than the 4 ounces, or whatever they do allow...
Does anyone know for sure?
Thanks.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:55 pm
It has to be UNDER 3 ounces, and in it's original container. Ask your pharmacist if they have travel size bottles.

Oddly, you can carry two or three bottles with you, but they all have to be under 3oz each.

If the original seals are unbroken, you shouldn't have any trouble getting through. Otherwise, they might make you drink some in front of the security agents.

aricelli

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 7:22 pm
I packed my childrens tylenol in my luggage- my babies formula bottle was put in its own basket on the conveyer belt and went through like that- they didnt make me taste it

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 7:57 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
It has to be UNDER 3 ounces, and in it's original container. Ask your pharmacist if they have travel size bottles.

Oddly, you can carry two or three bottles with you, but they all have to be under 3oz each.

If the original seals are unbroken, you shouldn't have any trouble getting through. Otherwise, they might make you drink some in front of the security agents.

It's actually under 100 ml or 3.4 oz. I find that different airports handle it differently. Sometimes they'll allow any size medication or baby food. Sometimes they get strict about size. Sometimes they literally make you pack all liquids in quart size Ziploc bags, and if you don't have bags they make you buy from them at security. I would probably be safe and buy a bottle of medicine 100 ml or smaller. They're not going to make anyone taste medicine no matter whether it's been opened or not.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 8:13 pm
I’ve taken regular medications sealed and unsealed (bottles of milk, yogurts, applesauce pouches ect) for my LO many times and I never had any issues. Just put it in a seperate plastic ziplock and into a separate bin on the conveyor belt.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 8:23 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I’ve taken regular medications sealed and unsealed (bottles of milk, yogurts, applesauce pouches ect) for my LO many times and I never had any issues. Just put it in a seperate plastic ziplock and into a separate bin on the conveyor belt.

When I traveled with a baby I checked up the rules for babies. They allow many things that they usually wouldn't. I had pumped milk, yogurt, jars of baby food... They allowed water that was frozen and I had some frozen water bottles to keep the bottles cold. I'm not sure about meds. You should prob check the airline's or TSA website for the rules.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics