Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Job Hunting!

Zeeskeit

Post Wed, Oct 31 2007, 3:12 pm
I'm looking for a job! Very Happy Not just any job....a part time job! Being a married woman with a baby, finding a part time job is near IMPOSSIBLE... Rolling Eyes .To add insult to injury, I am being paid very nicely now at my F/T job...(just got a whopping raise 6 mo. ago!). Exclamation I must go part time for a number of reasons but by cutting my hours, I also cut my pay... Exploding anger ..and now that I'm looking (still at my job mind you - so calling from work!) there's nothing suitable out there.....need major support, advice, and most of all......REFERRALS!!!!!!!! Confused

loveit

Post Wed, Oct 31 2007, 3:58 pm
try websites like careerbuilder.com or monster.com. Many of the jobs posted there allow applicants to email in resumes and cover letters so you can easily do that from your current job. If you are working a job that requires a professional degree, they often have associations that can help. Another resource would be the college department that you graduated from if that is applicable in your case. Hatzlocha!!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 31 2007, 4:18 pm
it's very hard to find somethhing good that's part time. a lot of palce sdon't take you seriously.

can you find someone to job share your current job?

loveit

Post Wed, Oct 31 2007, 4:21 pm
there's no way you could go down to part time at your current job or transfer internally to a different part time position?

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Oct 31 2007, 4:26 pm
where are u located?

TightRopeWalker

Post Wed, Oct 31 2007, 4:38 pm
I did not have a hard time finding part time work (while pregnant with my 3rd!). It really depends on your location. Most heavily populated frum areas will have many part time jobs. They just don't all pay that well. Depending on what you consider well paying you should not have such a hard time. I found Luach and at times the JP helpful. It depends on your field. Some areas have local yahoo groups. Good luck!

Zeeskeit

Post Thu, Nov 01 2007, 10:08 pm
Thanks yall! I'm in BP. Working in the mortgage industry....Yup! In the news these days....it's not really doing very well. I'm a bit skeptical about going into another mortgage job if it may just be temporary....so many places closed down lately.....

So since I'm looking for a field change and less hours it's abit hard to stay at my current salary....I am going with the JP, but what's Luach?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 01 2007, 10:18 pm
Zees, ever thought to branch out to being a broker, or a Closer? They make good money .

TightRopeWalker

Post Thu, Nov 01 2007, 10:43 pm
Zeeskeit, I'm in the same field. PM if you'd like to chat.

TightRopeWalker

Post Thu, Nov 01 2007, 10:47 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Zees, ever thought to branch out to being a broker, or a Closer? They make good money .

Closers and Brokers (aka loan officers) can make good money. Most closers do it on the side and bring in around $200 or so a closing. Being a loan officer takes a certain personality. You also don't make money right away. It takes time to build up a name for yourself. Both jobs take people skills and do not always bring in a steady paycheck.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Nov 02 2007, 10:42 am
Depends if you work on commission, or get a steady paycheck.

gold21

Post Fri, Nov 02 2007, 11:34 am
ok, what are your credentials? would you want to work as a secretary/office manager in a school? that means a lot of of phone work, dealing with kids, computer work. are you good on the phone? are you knowledgeable in computers and typing?
if so: would you want to work 1:15 to 4:45-5:00 daily excluding fridays?
let me know. thanks.

Zeeskeit

Post Sun, Nov 04 2007, 3:44 pm
I'm a bit wary of the mtg industry right now b/c many banks are doing away with their wholesale side...it's pretty scary out there....

I'm gr8 at computers....took a graphics course as well....I'd love to do p/t in the morning I find it hard to do supper, and bed/bathtime in the small space after work.....

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 04 2007, 3:50 pm
Many ppl want to do graphics. I don't think there's full time work for evryone who wants a job.

Zeeskeit

Post Mon, Nov 05 2007, 9:46 am
Well I actually found something in graphics...sort of a side job for now....I just don't know what the going rates are....anyone know?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics