Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
PTA

amother

Post Sun, Nov 04 2007, 12:55 pm
I hve PTA today for my son, I wanted to talk to his Rebbe before this, but it seems that my son never gave his Rebbe the note that I wrote asking him for his phone number, and a time to call him. Or to call me.

I am intimidated, because the vibes I get are that this Rebbe has an dislike for my son. Not that there aren't valid reasons to discipline him like missing homework, or coming late but you can tell when a teacher is annoyed, angry and has no patience, or when the a teacher is firm, but cares about a child.

I would like my son to have his seat changed, away from the corner of troublemakers and non-learners he was sat with. He often pays for their misbehavior. They will talk to him, and pull him into their shtick, and the Rebbe will blame him rather than them.

I also want this Rebbe to stop ignoring my son's wonderful qualities and focusing solely on his problems. I plan on asking him what he can tell me about my son other than his shortcomings. If he doesn't know , I'll have to change my son to a different class, not that I expect much help from the hanhalah..

any advice?

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 05 2007, 9:59 am
GO FOR IT ... stick firm to your convictions ... let them know you are standing behind both the kid and the school but it takes all of you - to please focus on his positive traits to allow for better self-esteem and you will continue your part as the mom and keep positive and focused ... good luck!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics