Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Measles Explained
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:15 pm
Sebastian wrote:
ime most anti vaxers never saw a reaction,[b just heard horror stories[/b]. IMO it has to do with being uneducated and not trusting authority.

I had a severe reaction to a vaccine and my mother continued to vaccinate. I never had another reaction (except to that one vaccine that I don't get anymore) and neither did my siblings. She knew reactions are rare and unlikely to reoccur. She was also thrilled when the chicken pox vaccine came out and immediately gave it to my younger siblings so they don't have to suffer for no reason.

More likely they just read some nonsense anti-vax propaganda created by people making money off "natural" living

Sebastian

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:15 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I followed the money and I arrived at the doors of the pharmaceutical industry.

really? Mercola, one example of an anti vax quack makes a ton of money from the junk he shills. He's gotten in trouble with the FDIC so many times for making false medical claims. And vitamins and "natural supplements" which make a TON of money aren't even regulated. At least the vaccine contains what the insert says it contains, vitamins could have anything inside them and you would never know!

southernbubby

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:21 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I followed the money and I arrived at the doors of the pharmaceutical industry.

Both groups profit from whatever they sell but alternative medicine is big business, especially in our community. Whoever paid to print the 40 page anti-vax glossy booklets that were mass distributed got the money from somewhere. Are you saying that there are wealthy people who just did that and paid for it simply to spread an ideology and for no financial gain? The one that I saw was full of quotes from discredited doctors, some of whom had a history of exploiting people for their own benefit.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:53 pm
I kind of feel bad for them.
Someone may have instructed them to defend the anti-vax position and convinced them they would make a favorable impression to the media.
They should have been directed with a better response such as “after doing research and educating myself about the pros and cons of vaxing, I have come to the conclusion that...
I wish they would have left religion and Rabbis out of it.

And why did that reporter not ask them which Rabbi is supporting this movement?
I don’t believe there is one.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:06 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Someone may have instructed them to defend the anti-vax position and convinced them they would give a good impression to the media.
They should have been directed with a better response such as “after doing research and educating myself about the pros and cons of vaxing, I have come to the conclusion that...

And why did that reporter not ask them which Rabbi is supporting this movement? [/b]
I don’t believe there is one.[/b]

I don't either. Lies from beginning to end

I'll say it clearly as I can JEWISH RELIGION FULLY SUPPORT VACCINES. ANTI-VAX IS NOT A JEWISH BELEIF. NOT AT ALL

ITS A BELIEF OF THE NATURAL LIVING QUACKS THAT ARE MAKING MONEY SELLING THEIR PRODUCT

IF YOU DONT WANT TO VACINATE- ITS A FREE WORLD. DONT VACINATE - IF YOU INSIST.
JUST STOP CLAIMING TO BE MEDICAL EXPERT AND THAT IT GOES AGAINST THE JEWISH RELIGION- THAT IS AS FALSE AS IT GETS..

Can I be clearer????

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:15 pm
Someone may have instructed them to defend the anti-vax position and convinced them they would give a good impression to the media.

And why did that reporter not ask them which Rabbi is supporting this movement?
I don’t believe there is one.

The relevance is the religious exemption.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:18 pm
Wait what

This whole religion thing getting involved is new to me.
How are they tying religion into this? And what rabbi says not to vaccinate? And why the heck not?

Sebastian

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:28 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

can these kids sue their parents for medical neglect? Of course the kids come from chassidic communities where anti vaxism is rampant. It makes me so angry.

[I am NOT saying that chassidim as a whole don't vaccinate, I believe most do. Just that the anti vax movement is VERY strong in the chassidic community and these poor kids are suffering b/c of their parents' stupidity.]

icebreaker

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:50 pm
So appearing on camera for secular media and yelling at others is tznius but a woman’s picture in a magazine isn’t?

Also, the one lady wearing the shpitzel asked the guy with common sense does his wife wear the same headgear as her. What?

These women are the face of the anti-vax movement in Williamsburg.

WastingTime

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:52 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
But you can learn how people REALLY felt about it when it was normal to have measles before a vaccine existed for it.

LOL LOL LOL
ROFL
I really hope this was satire
Gosh thanks for the laugh

mommy9

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 4:04 pm
Sebastian wrote:
really? Mercola, one example of an anti vax quack makes a ton of money from the junk he shills. He's gotten in trouble with the FDIC so many times for making false medical claims. And vitamins and "natural supplements" which make a TON of money aren't even regulated. At least the vaccine contains what the insert says it contains, vitamins could have anything inside them and you would never know!

What does the FDIC have to do with false medical claims?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 4:36 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
The relevance is the religious exemption.

Which lawmakers are attempting to ban in NY.
I have not heard of any religious leaders that are in opposition of the bill that will put an end to all non-medical exemptions if passed.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 4:40 pm
Which lawmakers are attempting to ban in NY.
I have not heard of any religious leaders that are in opposition of the legislative bill that will put an end to all non-medical exemptions if passed.

You have not heard. Yet there are many who fear about the ramifications this has on our religious rights down the line.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics