Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How to entertain an active and stubborn 18 month old?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:27 pm
any ideas what I could take on a plane to entertain my 18-month-old? He is extremely active and doesn't yet play much (loves sensory stuff but can't do that on a plane).
I have some books, toy animals, sticker and any other ideas that this age might enjoy?
I am really anxious about this plane ride because if he doesnt get his way he makes a lot of noise and mill go flat on the floor type!

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:28 pm
Try benedryl at home one night? If it makes him sleepy it may be a good solution...

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:31 pm
Play doh

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 5:47 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Try benedryl at home one night? If it makes him sleepy it may be a good solution...

Is it ok for 18 months old, says from 2 years

imamom7

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 5:49 pm
Package of baby wipes- just open it - they love emptying it and takes a long time...,

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it ok for 18 months old, says from 2 years

Please discuss with your pediatrician. Benadryl is not vitamin c, it's a serious medication that needs to be given per instructions.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:14 pm
imamom7 wrote:
Package of baby wipes- just open it - they love emptying it and takes a long time...,

Yes! that is one of his home activities, he has now graduated to turning on the bath tub and filling up bowls, running on the table...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:31 pm
These are exactly the situations I save screen time for. Especially if it’s not something he’s used to, it could give you a nice long quiet time Wink

momsrus

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:37 pm
I was told by my ped to give Benedryl to my 6 month old before flying. But ask your own doctor.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:05 pm
Following for new ideas- I’ve done it before and doing it again shortly.
My little guy loves to unravel tape. A roll of masking tape can be fun. Deflated balloons - don’t need to blow them fully up and toss them between your seat and his.
In my experience I could not get toddlers to watch the screens because they were not used to it and I don’t give it at home.
Love the wipes idea!

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:19 pm
Ask for ice cubes. That's very sensory and fun to play with, and follow around, eat the chips etc. Kept my toddler busy AND in his seat for hours!!!

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 9:08 pm
Someone told me she buys bandaids from the dollar store and let’s her kid open each one, peel off the paper and stick it on
Not sure if he’s too young but my 3 year old would LOVE that LOL LOL

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 9:24 pm
Someone told me she bought a roll of smiley face stickers and told her son he can give one to each person who is sitting nicely. (Obviously she had rules).but it kept him busy for a while. What about play dough or kinetic sand?with a plate to play on?

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 10:15 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Someone told me she bought a roll of smiley face stickers and told her son he can give one to each person who is sitting nicely. (Obviously she had rules).but it kept him busy for a while. What about play dough or kinetic sand?with a plate to play on?

Please don't involve other passengers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics