Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Ideas for chol hamoed outings around LA
Previous  1  2

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 11:01 am
If you like nature, drive up PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) a bit. Gorgeous drive, next to the ocean. You can stop at little secluded beaches along the way and have a picnic.

There's a Six Flags about an hour from L.A.

tichellady

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 12:46 pm
mommyX2 wrote:
what age is the museum of tolerance appropriate for? Including the Anne exhibit. What age would enjoy it? and also would a young child find it traumatic? And how much time could one spend here? Thanks.

I wouldn’t take young kids

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 5:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks for the ideas, I should have mentioned we did the pier on a different visit, and we did boating. we will likely go to the beach one day.

I was looking at a snorkling activity (obviously the baby can't join) but I'm not sure it is warm enough or close enough to LA. Has anyone done that?

Any easy hikes with beautiful scenery? Something that would be easy enough and safe for toddlers, no cliffs etc Wink

Snorkling - nah, I'd skip. The waters are pretty cold this time of year. Succos time is when you can do more snorkeling activities.

Malibu hikes are amazing. Also, there's Runyan Canyon, if you do the easy trail. There are cliffs, so you can't have a toddler that runs off suddenly, but I've seen people do it with kids. Maybe get one of those leash things, so that he can run but won't get too far?

Check out Channel Islands, too. It's stunning:
https://www.nps.gov/chis/index.htm

bigsis144

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 10:21 pm
simba wrote:
Another hike that might work with kids is Greystone Mansion. It’s a big estate in the hills of Beverly Hills that is open to the public. You cannot enter the actual house but it’s a sprawling estate with stunning views of the city.

If you or your daughters enjoyed “A Light for Greytowers”, you can search the grounds for various places where we shot outdoor scenes there 😊
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics