Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Bing, bing, bing. at my wits end trying to get rid of it!!

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 9:36 pm
I think I tried all Google tricks on getting rid of bing defaulting as browser. I have Google set up as home page & I want it stay that way.

Any tricks? I already deleted it from my Manager add ons & have google as default.
WHY IS IT STILL DEFAULTING TO BING?

jflower

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 10:15 pm
I think you mean that you want to get rid of bing as your default search engine (not that you don't want bing as default browser.) Bing is not a browser.

I assume that you're using Edge as your browser. Take a look at Step 2: https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...../amp/

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 10:53 pm
jflower wrote:
I think you mean that you want to get rid of bing as your default search engine (not that you don't want bing as default browser.) Bing is not a browser.

I assume that you're using Edge as your browser. Take a look at Step 2: https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...../amp/

You're right. sorry for mixing up. I'm not great at "tech language".
I'll take a look at that link.
Thank you

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 11:02 pm
Nopes Sad. I already had Google as default. I removed bing from the list. It still pops up though.
When I do a search I first get results on a google page but before I even have a chance to look it refreshes automatically & jumps to Bing.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 11:30 pm
Delete Bing reference from the registry

jflower

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 7:57 am
you can try using firefox or chrome as your browser, and set Google as your default search engine.

I'm guessing that since both edge and bing are Microsoft products, it's difficult to separate them. so just use a non Microsoft browser like Firefox or chrome. just google (or bing) 'download Firefox' or 'download chrome' and use either one as your browser.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics