Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Lipstick: The Natural Look

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 1:29 am
Would you say natural looking color lipstick is same for everyone, or needs to be matched to each person?
If you like the natural look, what is your favorite one?
Preferably Kosher L'Pesach and w/o animal derivatives.

rowo

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 1:40 am
Needs to be matched to each person. Skin tones and lip colour is different for everyone

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 1:54 am
rowo wrote:
Needs to be matched to each person. Skin tones and lip colour is different for everyone

Aww. Was hoping to get it done with a simple phone call or click of a button. Thanks for weighing in.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 2:59 am
I once heard the best way to find the best nude lip color for you is to match it to the color of your nipples LOL LOL

Rappel

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:30 am
If you're already wearing natural lipstick... Why not just put on a lip moisturizer and be done with it?

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:32 am
Theres a scale of undertones from cool to warm (or pink to yellow). You have to know where your skin lies on that scale.
Personally, my undertone is smack in the middle. So any lipstick that I buy wont be too pink/ashy, and wont be too yellow/coral.
A color that I have recommended the most is Rimmel London Kate Moss collection number 07. It has proven to be the most flattering on most skin tones. To make it last, just layer Lipchik over top.
I dont know about it being KLP (I wear any lipstick on pesach, as long as its brand new) so find out.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 9:59 am
Rappel wrote:
If you're already wearing natural lipstick... Why not just put on a lip moisturizer and be done with it?

Thanks! That's what my girls do when they want to dress up LOL
It's not long lasting and too shiny for me. I like the matte look more.

Shuly

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 1:03 pm
I like Revlon Balm Stain in Honey Douce.
The packaging looks very pink but when I wear it, it just gives some natural color so that my lips don't look very white. I have a medium skin tone.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 1:05 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Theres a scale of undertones from cool to warm (or pink to yellow). You have to know where your skin lies on that scale.
Personally, my undertone is smack in the middle. So any lipstick that I buy wont be too pink/ashy, and wont be too yellow/coral.
A color that I have recommended the most is Rimmel London Kate Moss collection number 07. It has proven to be the most flattering on most skin tones. To make it last, just layer Lipchik over top.
I dont know about it being KLP (I wear any lipstick on pesach, as long as its brand new) so find out.

Thanks so much. appreciate the detailed explanation.

imaima

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 3:24 pm
Why don‘t you just go to a Mac store and try out different colours? Then you can buy there - they are KLP - or look up a dupe for your color in a cheaper brand and buy it.

You should ask your self if you want a natural look - your lips but better- or a nude look - „concealer lips“, the look of pale lips - that would be closer to your skin color.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:58 pm
imaima wrote:
Why don‘t you just go to a Mac store and try out different colours? Then you can buy there - they are KLP - or look up a dupe for your color in a cheaper brand and buy it.

You should ask your self if you want a natural look - your lips but better- or a nude look - „concealer lips“, the look of pale lips - that would be closer to your skin color.

Thanks. Was hoping to avoid erev Pesach crush. seems like it won't work.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 7:00 pm
Shuly wrote:
The packaging looks very pink but when I wear it, it just gives some natural color so that my lips don't look very white. I have a medium skin tone.

Thanks. I saw a lot of positive reviews about this on amazon and its cheap enough to try even if it won't work well for me, so may just do that.

sra

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 9:19 pm
Really needs to be matched up per person...

mommyX2

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 12:24 am
Shuly wrote:

do you know if this is KLP?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics