Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Browser history

Ima2

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:19 pm
is it possible to delete certain sites from browser history without deleting everything? this is for a PC

icedcoffee

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 4:18 pm
Yes, are you using chrome? Go to chrome://history and next to the URL should be 3 little dots, click that and then click "remove from history."

Oops

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 5:12 pm
Ima2, hope you don't mind if I add to this thread a related question-
Is there a way to restore deleted history?

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 6:58 pm
Oops wrote:

Not as far as I know, but you can contact Google.
A few years ago I needed a deleted email, I contacted them and they sent me all deleted emails from the past.... I don't remember...long time.
I shoulf assume that they woyld also have a record of browsing history

Ravenclaw

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 7:46 pm
Oops wrote:

If you were signed into your gmail account while browsing then yes. Myactivity.google (something like that).
On myactivity all history comes up, from every device or computer that was signed in while browsing.

Ima2

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 3:33 am
icedcoffee wrote:
Yes, are you using chrome? Go to chrome://history and next to the URL should be 3 little dots, click that and then click "remove from history."

no, I'm using firefox. the 3 dots in the web bar don't have the option for deleting this from history. is there something else to use in firefox?

ggdm

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 5:01 am
In Firefox there is a menu called something like "show all history". A window should pop up where you can search for the page and I believe you can also delete it there.

In the future, if you don't want a page to go into the history, use private mode.

Ima2

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 2:07 pm
ggdm wrote:
In Firefox there is a menu called something like "show all history". A window should pop up where you can search for the page and I believe you can also delete it there.

In the future, if you don't want a page to go into the history, use private mode.

what's private mode and how do I turn it on?

Oops

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 4:22 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
If you were signed into your gmail account while browsing then yes. Myactivity.google (something like that).
On myactivity all history comes up, from every device or computer that was signed in while browsing.

Gr8!!
Thanks

ggdm

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 6:45 pm
Ima2 wrote:
what's private mode and how do I turn it on?
In private mode your history and form data is not saved and you are not logged into your accounts like Facebook, Google, etc. It is good if you don't want to leave traces, e.g. on a public computer, at work when you do private things, when you search for health or other sensitive information.

It depends on your browser, but my Firefox has a menu item under "File" which is called "Open new private window". It should work similarly in Chrome and Safari. On a phone when you open a new tab there is the option of changing to "private" and the background becomes black instead of grey.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics