Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Poll: Do you vaccinate? (read thread first)
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Do you vaccinate?
Yes, on schedule.  
 73%  [ 379 ]
Selectively and/or delayed  
 7%  [ 37 ]
Only did because I was forced (want kids in school) or fined now  
 1%  [ 8 ]
No  
 3%  [ 19 ]
Something Else  
 0%  [ 1 ]
yes, but on a slower schedule  
 13%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 514

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 8:37 am
I'm just trying to get an idea of if most people on this Site vaccinate or not. It seems like there are more anti vaxers, but that could be because they tend to be more vocal. Please don't argue about vaccines - there are enough threads about that. Just answer the poll. TIA

Selectively/Delayed can include not vaccinating in general, but vaccinating when appropriate such as when traveling or during an outbreak, as well as choosing certain vaccines over others even when no outbreak occurs. If you delayed a shot here or not there you were busy or because of a cold, etc. that is not considered delayed. Delayed means making a conscious decision to do so. Vaccinating on schedule includes someone who cannot because a child has a valid medical exemption.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 8:45 am
I do vaccinate and try to be on schedule, but there's a vaccine here that my doctor said it's not mandatory and it's for over a certain age. I declined for my children to get it because it's a two part and they won't be here for the second part because they go away to school and can't get it there. Also since it's not mandatory, I declined because it's EXPENSIVE!!! The ones that are not, I give them all.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 8:50 am
I stopped vaccinating officially since the measles outbreak this year. Till then I was doing delayed and selective schedule.
I am not anti vax.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 9:25 am
OP - within each frum community (including this one) people who don't vaccinate because of religious belief, personal conviction - are the minority.

Its hard to see that when the camera is zoomed in really close.

teachkids

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 9:25 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I stopped vaccinating officially since the measles outbreak this year. Till then I was doing delayed and selective schedule.
I am not anti vax.

What does that mean that you stopped because of the outbreak??

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 9:26 am
I need an option for yes on basic schedule but spread out.

Rachel Shira

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 9:34 am
ra_mom wrote:

Same.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 9:36 am
Lol, only one non vaxxer so far but she posts a lot Smile

watergirl

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 9:42 am
ra_mom wrote:

Added the option for you - Watergirl as a mod

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 9:52 am
I don't vaccinate but I gave the MMR now. My reasoning is personal but not because I cared to have my kids home.

mig100

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 9:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm just trying to get an idea of if most people on this Site vaccinate or not. It seems like there are more anti vaxers, but that could be because they tend to be more vocal.

I had a suspicion about this too.

Yeah of course anti-vax vaxers seem to have nothing to do except spread their propaganda and post noneesense " research"

Most of us spend our time on other things. If I wanted to do medical research id be in medical school. Only quacks waste their days doing medical "research" online.

giselle

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 9:59 am
So glad to see that most of us are sane.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:02 am
ra_mom wrote:

How is this option different than delaying vaccines?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:06 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
How is this option different than delaying vaccines?

Because I don't delay or selectively vaccinate. I just spread out. I won't check off that option. Smile My kids are always fully vaccinated.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:10 am
ra_mom wrote:
Because I don't delay or selectively vaccinate. I just spread out. I won't check off that option. Smile My kids are always fully vaccinated.

Sorry. I see a Mod added that option. Thanks watergirl as mod.

Raisin

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:21 am
I do vaccinate on schedule. But the schedule where I live does not include chicken pox and it costs a ton of money to pay for it. Not covered by my insurance or the government. So none of my kids are vaccinated for chicken pox.

Also flu shots are not on the schedule so I have never done them. Only recommended for certain populations.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:23 am
watergirl wrote:
Added the option for you - Watergirl as a mod

Thank you! I added my vote.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:27 am
I used to break up shots over several well visits, because I didn't want to overwhelm them. Since the outbreaks, I stopped messing around and made sure that everyone is up-to-date at all times.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:46 am
We're ahead of schedule with MMR (my baby is 8 months) because she's a preemie and if she got measles, cvs... her immune system isn't good. Technically its an extra shot because she still needs at 12 months. She also got RSV vaccination which isn't routine for general population.

Isn't it funny(but not really) antivaxers causing extra vaccinations!

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:51 am
mig100 wrote:
I had a suspicion about this too.

Yeah of course anti-vax vaxers seem to have nothing to do except spread their propaganda and post noneesense " research"

Most of us spend our time on other things. If I wanted to do medical research id be in medical school. Only quacks waste their days doing medical "research" online.

Well, I vax, but I'm going to disagree with what you wrote above. I've had to research various things for various family members and myself over the past few years, and I have found that the internet and in particular PubMed are invaluable resources. There is good stuff on the internet. You just have to distinguish between good stuff and garbage. The stuff on PubMed is obviously of high quality.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics