Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Atlanta georgia

Beingreal

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 1:14 pm
Can anyone tell me about atlanta? Exploring options to move. How much are the houses? What are the schools and the job market like?

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 1:25 pm
Beingreal wrote:
Can anyone tell me about atlanta? Exploring options to move. How much are the houses? What are the schools and the job market like?

I don't currently live in Atlanta but my parents and siblings still do. Houses in the main Frum area (Toco Hills) are generally ranches between $300k-$500k. Even on the lower end they're usually very livable- often times people will buy, live in for a while, and then do some expansion/renovations. The taxes are much much cheaper then the NY/NJ area if that's what you're comparing to.
The schools are good-depends were you are hashkafically. The school more on the right (TDSA) is separate from Kindergarten through 8th grade. Then there are separate boys (Ohr Yisroel) and girls (Temima) high schools. Both are very good schools-especially Temima. The more MO school is AJA. They're still trying to find their direction and the crowd tends to lean pretty far to the left of "typical" MO-Think more YCT then YU.
Generally, the job market is great. It has one of the fastest growing economies in the country (top 10 of all states). The 3 main frum communities are all within 20 mins-30 mins from downtown Atlanta. Also, most of the frum people there I would venture to say are professionals so there is a "frum" network to help you find a job. There are some people who learn/are part of the kollel. All in all its a really great community, great weather, much slower pace then NY and cheaper. There are 2 frum grocery stores (both on the smaller end but you can get whatever you need). Kosher meat deliveries and between 5-10 restaurants.
The one negative I think Atlanta suffers from is that its slightly geographically isolated compared to other places. Like if you live in Boston/Philly you're driving distance to NY. The closest large community is Miami which is like an 8 hour drive.
Let me know if you have any more questions!

Beingreal

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 1:27 pm
What if a kid needs support and help in school?

Beingreal

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 1:30 pm
What about renting a house?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating