Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Mashich is coming
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 1:28 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I would LOVE for moshiach to come! We need him so badly. But I'm terrified:( I am far from perfect. What if I'm chv not zoche?Sad

"No Jew will be left behind."

Every single Jew is promised to be part of the final Geulah. Although not every Jew left Mitzrayim, the final Geulah will be different.

"Kol Yisroel Yeish Lahem Chelek Le'olam Haba" - and this is not (only) referring to Gan Eden, but rather to the times of Moshiach.

Moshe Rabbeinu was humbled when he saw the challenges of our generation.

You do not need to be perfect to be part of the times of Moshiach.

Zeleze

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 5:41 am
Yea, Each time he came we saw these signs beforehand Smile

salt

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:15 am
A couple of months ago, apparently, a fake rumour went round social media in the name of Rav Chaim Kanievsky saying that Mashiach will come before the Israeli elections.
I never saw this rumour - I don't use whatsapp and the like.

His son in law confirmed that his father in law *does not* know when mashiach is coming.

See this link (not that you can believe news websites either but whatever)
https://www.kikar.co.il/307274.html

And for those who don't read Hebrew, start learning, cos when Mashiach does come, you'll need to speak Hebrew. I'm not sure Eliyahu Hanavi or Mashiach know English or Yiddish Smile

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:37 am
Let's say that this unknown but prominent rabbi is correct. What are you going to do differently?

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:40 am
salt wrote:
And for those who don't read Hebrew, start learning, cos when Mashiach does come, you'll need to speak Hebrew. I'm not sure Eliyahu Hanavi or Mashiach know English or Yiddish Smile

I know you're saying this tongue in cheek, but Moshiach will need to be part of the Sanhedrin as far as I know, and as such will need to speak all 70 languages.

However, you should STILL learn Hebrew, for many other reasons!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 7:39 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
"No Jew will be left behind."

Every single Jew is promised to be part of the final Geulah. Although not every Jew left Mitzrayim, the final Geulah will be different.

"Kol Yisroel Yeish Lahem Chelek Le'olam Haba" - and this is not (only) referring to Gan Eden, but rather to the times of Moshiach.

Moshe Rabbeinu was humbled when he saw the challenges of our generation.

You do not need to be perfect to be part of the times of Moshiach.

I think some are scared to greet moshiach because when he finally comes, it stands to reason that we can no longer do teshuva for our aveiros. Hashem promised to reward us for our mitzvos and also punish us for our sins. Things aren't clear, but punishment possibly means a little fiery gehenim.
No I'm not 100% certain of this. However, it does fall in line with our belief system and is not far-fetched. Who would want moshiach to come today if it meant spending some time in gehenim? I'd rather moshiach come in a few years when in theory I will have done teshuvah.

yksraya

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 7:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think some are scared to greet moshiach because when he finally comes, it stands to reason that we can no longer do teshuva for our aveiros. Hashem promised to reward us for our mitzvos and also punish us for our sins. Things aren't clear, but punishment possibly means a little fiery gehenim.
No I'm not 100% certain of this. However, it does fall in line with our belief system and is not far-fetched. Who would want moshiach to come today if it meant spending some time in gehenim? I'd rather moshiach come in a few years when in theory I will have done teshuvah.

I've actually heard that everyone will do teshuva when mashiach comes.

Mitzvos we will no longer be able to do when it will be olam haba. Whatever chessed and mitzvos we do now, we will take with us there.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:06 am
yksraya wrote:
I've actually heard that everyone will do teshuva when mashiach comes.

Mitzvos we will no longer be able to do when it will be olam haba. Whatever chessed and mitzvos we do now, we will take with us there.

This is completely nonsensical and illogical. There have been tens of millions of jews that have lived and died before this current generation. When those jews died, they had schar v'onesh. They were rewarded with olam habbah for their good deeds and punished for their aveiros. Are you saying that there is a "special perk" for the generation that is alive when moshiach arrives? That unlike all the previous generations, they will get to do teshuvah and get rid of their aveiros. They will only have mitzvos left, and receive only reward with no punishment for their aveiros.

Seems absurd.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 9:05 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I know you're saying this tongue in cheek, but Moshiach will need to be part of the Sanhedrin as far as I know, and as such will need to speak all 70 languages.

However, you should STILL learn Hebrew, for many other reasons!

It will probably be helpful to speak lashon hakodesh when moshaich does arrive, though not Ivrit.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 12:16 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Every so often some rabbi's say moshiach is coming within the next few weeks. No one knows when moshiach will come.

Those that know don't say and those that say don't know.

The problem with these predictions are the disappointment and disillusionment that come when it doesn't happen.

We have to believe that he will come. We don't know when. Even Yakov Avinu was withheld from relaying that information. I don't think any of the Rabbi's are greater than Yakov Avinu and that they were given the permission to relay a time and he wasn't.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:33 pm
What if Moshiach won't be vaccinated?
Will you allow him in anyway?

imasoftov

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:34 am
Laiya wrote:
I understood that we are supposed to believe moshiach may come any minute. Saying that he will come for example, on erev Pesach, means you don't believe he might come right now. That's the problem with these predictions.

On Sanhedrin 97b Rabbi Shmuel bar Naḥmani says in the name of Rabbi Yonatan that dates should not be given because once that date passes without that happening people will lose faith that it will ever happen.

sra

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:42 am
My husband said that there are times when mashiach is at our 'doorstep' quite literally-he is more prone to come than any other time, but we are not zoche so it doesn't. we know pesach is mesugel for geula but it hasn't come bec we aren't zoche yet.
when we daven for geulah we need to have kavanah that we will be zoche to it!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 10:47 am
sra wrote:
My husband said that there are times when mashiach is at our 'doorstep' quite literally-he is more prone to come than any other time, but we are not zoche so it doesn't. we know pesach is mesugel for geula but it hasn't come bec we aren't zoche yet.
when we daven for geulah we need to have kavanah that we will be zoche to it!

I never liked this type of thought. It is impossible to prove this on any level.

tf

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 2:34 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I would LOVE for moshiach to come! We need him so badly. But I'm terrified:( I am far from perfect. What if I'm chv not zoche?Sad

Nobody is perfect. We need to await him regardless. Correcting what we did wrong is part of our mission anyway.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 2:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Obviously something is very wrong with your belief system that you actually are scared for Moshiach to come.
We are supposed to wait for Moshiach with joy and anticipation.
None of us are perfect, Hashem doesn't expect perfection.
I truly believe it will be good for all Jews when Moshiach comes.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 3:15 am
There are steps. We will still have free will when Moshiach comes, but with miracles and the like in front of us we will have less real bechira. The Beis Hamikdash won’t be built immediately according to some. If it is, we all have to learn tumah and taharas since we are tamed and can’t go in. Same for the kohanim. According to the Rambam ir will take a natural course and time.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics