Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach Tips

cbg

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:20 am
Anything, from cleaning, shopping, cooking, hosting, relaxing.

I’ll start
When I cook, before I put on gloves, I shmear a little coconut oil on my hands. My hands get a mini spa and the gloves slide on easily.

Internet shopping for cleaning supplies, Walmart, Target, Amazon, comes in 2 days

heidi

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 9:12 am
I put a disposable plastic tablecloth on the counter where I am cooking. I peel everything and add all ingredients on there. When done I simply roll up the plastic and dispose- thus saving the counter cover underneath

SuperWify

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:06 am
Before you start cooking sauté 10 onions (or more) in a big pan to have on hand when needed.

pizza4

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:08 am
cbg wrote:
Anything, from cleaning, shopping, cooking, hosting, relaxing.

I’ll start
When I cook, before I put on gloves, I shmear a little coconut oil on my hands. My hands get a mini spa and the gloves slide on easily.

Internet shopping for cleaning supplies, Walmart, Target, Amazon, comes in 2 days

Hey I do that too, just with olive oil! Thought I was the only genius lol!

Rachel Shira

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:32 am
Lids for disposable pans are a lifesaver. They keep the fridge/freezer organized and stacked neatly and are easy to label.

ila

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 11:27 am
Cook some eggs and potato for the day of burning the chametz, there will be people hungry before you have anithing else to give them... having some yogurts if your family like also comes handy...

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 11:34 am
Use those fancy KLP "extras" during this week before pesach. Hot dogs, frozen fries, bamba, bissli... Keep the kids fed.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 11:58 am
SuperWify wrote:
Before you start cooking sauté 10 onions (or more) in a big pan to have on hand when needed.

Erev Pesach I dont saute, just cut up TONS of onions, put then in a large pan in at the bottom of the oven with oil and let them cook 2 hours, with whatever else is in the oven.

I also check all my parsely and dill at once and freeze in ziplocs.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 12:00 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
Lids for disposable pans are a lifesaver. They keep the fridge/freezer organized and stacked neatly and are easy to label.

A friend taught me to use large alum pan lids as cookie sheets on pesach. Cheaper, easy to store.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 12:10 pm
I cook 4 roasts, 4 chickens. 4 potato kugels in the oven at once. I never run the oven erev Pesach without 4 pans cooking at once. I even have a 3rd grate I kasher to do 6 at once if it fits.

I make 6 dozen eggs worth non gebrokhts crepes for soup noodles and blintzes. I run an assembly line with 2 flat dry pans. Every 16 crepes are rolled up and wrapped in saran wrap, then into the freezer for later use. Always cut noodles just before serving.

Start a HUGE chicken soup erev pesach, keep adding chicken and vegetables and water as its eaten down.

Leave erev pesach open if at all possible. I might stay up really crazy the night before bedika chometz so my erev pesach I'm a mentsch. If you cant, try to end by chatzos so you can rest, shower and be ready. Even watching the kids can be rest erev pesach.

Also, if you have little ones, hire a preteen for 3 hours erev pesach if possible to read books, color or go in the yard.

keym

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 12:27 pm
Ditto to the plastic tablecloth for all the peels.

ssspectacular

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 12:31 pm
I cook and mash lots of potatoes on Erev Yomtov and use them on yt in different side dishes.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 12:54 pm
This doesn’t work for everyone but I find that having less Pesach pots, dishes, and utensils makes the YT less stressful and more enjoyable.
I use disposable dishes so no dishes to wash on YT, and packing away after YT doesn’t take too long.

Simple1

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 1:05 pm
A portable burner can be used for chametz after the oven is cleaned and/or kashered. Or v.v. my mother used to do her Pesach cooking on one before she was ready to kasher.

Amother natural, same here!

cbg

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 5:17 pm
These tips are really great
Keep them coming

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 5:27 pm
Break matzah/maror into shiurim size and put into bags, before the seder. It saves about 15 minutes figuring them out at the seder. Now we just give out sandwich bags with matza and maror.
Also, I try to figure out seats/bechers/haggadas beforehand, instead of all the kids fighting about it all when we're trying to start the seder
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics