Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Expensive meds
Previous  1  2

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 9:21 am
is your commercial thru healthfirst?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 9:22 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
You can try getting through Canada, but they don’t have all meds (they don’t have the Med we need) and not all providers will give a script.

I have had mazol in other countries besides Canada.

dankbar

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 9:29 am
There are some gemachs

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:50 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Also if all fails I think you can apply for low tier pricing. I worked at front desk almost 10 years and sometimes we got those. Patients made an appointment and spoke to the Dr while in tue room with Dr. Then he brought out to us to help. I just dont remember if you initiate by calling your insurance or drug company. You make sure to say you cannot afford and want to formally apply for low tier pricing.

If you cannot afford, by all means, if you don't want to afford- please be honest. Genevat Da'at applies to companies and the government too!

dankbar

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 3:42 pm
What type of medicines are you in need of?

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 6:49 pm
Try
https://honeybeehealth.com/

They don’t accept insurance but I have found that It still is much cheaper than most pharmacies with insurance.
It is totally legit - I was referred there by a friend who sells pharmaceuticals to pharmacies and nursing homes.
Hatzlocha!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 8:26 pm
I have needed long term medications in Lakewood that cost a lot more than 100 a month. I have private insurance BTW. I found the Chemed pharmacy to be very helpful. Once we had proof that insurance wasnt covering the meds, they were able to give me a special price. I am pretty sure it is because Chemed is government managed.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 8:35 pm
My child is on humira and copays are huge but I pay nothing. the manufacturer of humira pays all my copays. I got a membership number from them and the pharmacy bills them direct. Sometimes drug companies do that because the amount they get from insurance is worth it. You could call the manufacturer and see.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 5:21 am
I had someone call us at my doctors office where I work. So now Im pretty much sure that you contact the drug company and ask if they have a patient connection department. If they dont have ask how to apply for a lower tier price or free medicine.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 5:24 am
Also can one child only go on medicaid? Ask your pharmacy which medicaid's HMO covers this med but you lose also because many doctors dont take medicaid products
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics