Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
EMERGENCY! Recipe for salt water please?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 11  12  13  Next

giselle

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 11:14 am
Ahh I miss this thread! Thanks for bumping.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 5:19 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
DO NOT PANIC!

Take a deep breath. I have a recipe for you. Also dor l'dor.

Clean the surface of a large area.
Then, find a container or ball jar, that holds exactly 24 ounces of liquid. Fill it with 19 ounces of flat, bottled or table water. No bubbles. Make sure it doesn't contain sodium.

Then add sodium. About 3 level Tablespoons of Himalayan Sea Salt.

Shake well AFTER you place the cover on it.

Then add water, according to how watered down you like your salt water.

Let it sit for 4 to 6 hours so the salt melts.

SHORTCUT!

Heat water. Add salt.

Happy Pesach!

is this a joke

Rachel Shira

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 7:15 am
Ruchel wrote:
is this a joke

This whole thread was a joke.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 7:23 am
You guys I'm having trouble finding KLP salt water this year

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 7:45 am
I’m heading to the holy land tomorrow. Can I Fedex you some from yam hamelach

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:24 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I’m heading to the holy land tomorrow. Can I Fedex you some from yam hamelach

That's so kind of you!
Maybe you can have two tiers, regular, and, to save money on shipping, dehydrated.

aricelli

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:38 am
I was so glad to see that this thread is last years. I was quite horrified at first to think that there were people who didnt prepare their salt water yet.

aricelli

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:39 am
And just a side note- salt water freezes real well so you can for sure do it in advance.
Gut yom tov

giselle

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:42 am
aricelli wrote:
And just a side note- salt water freezes real well so you can for sure do it in advance.
Gut yom tov

Not everyone is spoiled like you and has a Pesach kitchen. (You probably have cleaning help too {shudder})

aricelli

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:46 am
giselle wrote:
Not everyone is spoiled like you and has a Pesach kitchen. (You probably have cleaning help too {shudder})

Well how else would I be able to prepare the salt water if I didnt have the help?!

giselle

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:49 am
aricelli wrote:
Well how else would I be able to prepare the salt water if I didnt have the help?!

You sound very entitled. Did I mention spoiled.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:52 am
aricelli wrote:
Gut yom tov

Defrosting liquids on yom tov is a shaila.

aricelli

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:55 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Defrosting liquids on yom tov is a shaila.

Gosh theres a system to this. You freeze it before and then defrost it prior to pesach

youngishbear

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:58 am
No one mentioned the mehadrin min hamehadrin recipe yet, but probably because this chumra is beyond the capabilities of most of you geshikt bal bustas. It takes a really incompetent housewife to get it right.

Here it is:

1. Starting in chodesh kislav, pay attention to conversations around you. Be ready for the first time someone mentions what they're already doing to prepare for Pesach, and catch the resulting tears in a KLP container or bucket.
2. Throughout the next few months, and especially the last two weeks till Pesach (when our family minhag is to actually begin cleaning) continue collecting your Pesach-related tears into that chosen container.
3. If you also count the frustration engendered by long lines in every store, matching sizes no longer available for your brood, and the fresh shmaltz that spills all over your Pesachdig kitchen, you should have more than enough collected to last all through yomtov.

aricelli

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 9:09 am
youngishbear wrote:
No one mentioned the mehadrin min hamehadrin recipe yet, but probably because this chumra is beyond the capabilities of most of you geshikt bal bustas. It takes a really incompetent housewife to get it right.

Here it is:

1. Starting in chodesh kislav, pay attention to conversations around you. Be ready for the first time someone mentions what they're already doing to prepare for Pesach, and catch the resulting tears in a KLP container or bucket.
2. Throughout the next few months, and especially the last two weeks till Pesach (when our family minhag is to actually begin cleaning) continue collecting your Pesach-related tears into that chosen container.
3. If you also count the frustration engendered by long lines in every store, matching sizes no longer available for your brood, and the fresh shmaltz that spills all over your Pesachdig kitchen, you should have more than enough collected to last all through yomtov.

I had a lot of shmaltz related tears when I was young and foolish and poured the boiling hot shmaltz into a plastic container and the bottom melted right off and the shmaltz - well- suffice it to say I havent had to pollish my floor since. It was punishment for not listening to dh pleas to not cook that nasty stuff. I still have frozen containers of salt-tear-water from that incident

momsrus

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 9:54 am
aricelli wrote:
I had a lot of shmaltz related tears when I was young and foolish and poured the boiling hot shmaltz into a plastic container and the bottom melted right off and the shmaltz - well- suffice it to say I havent had to pollish my floor since. It was punishment for not listening to dh pleas to not cook that nasty stuff. I still have frozen containers of salt-tear-water from that incident

Omg! I always put it boiling hot into a container. Never realized it would be a problem. Was it the regular disposable containers that normally hold hot liquid?

aricelli

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:01 am
momsrus wrote:
Omg! I always put it boiling hot into a container. Never realized it would be a problem. Was it the regular disposable containers that normally hold hot liquid?

Yup. The bottom melted right off. Oy

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:14 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
I lost the one my family passed down for generations!

Please.

Also, ice cubes, if you have one
TIA
Chag Kosher V'sameach to all..

I opened this thread thinking this was a joke thread. My “recipe” for salt water is salt plus water? 🤔

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:14 am
PinkFridge wrote:
That's so kind of you!
Maybe you can have two tiers, regular, and, to save money on shipping, dehydrated.

The order was already put in my dd prepared the dry ice and shipping label.
We will double and triple wrap with hechsher labels and notify customs
Still debating wether I should reveal my screen name as I’m “gasp” mishing this year

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:17 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I opened this thread thinking this was a joke thread. My “recipe” for salt water is salt plus water? 🤔

No kidding.
Page 4 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics