Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
EMERGENCY! Recipe for salt water please?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 11  12  13  Next

aricelli

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:53 am
We also use the recipe above but garnish the salt water holders- dip the rim in the salt water solution or any sticky substance such as maple syrup etc and then dip in pink himalayan salt- it has a very pretty effect

OutATowner

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:58 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I opened this thread thinking this was a joke thread. My “recipe” for salt water is salt plus water? 🤔

It is. Thanks for bumping this up!

dovebird

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 9:03 am
Now I’m stressed out. We don’t use salt water. Should I make it anyways just because everyone else is?! Help!

aricelli

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 9:05 am
dovebird wrote:
Now I’m stressed out. We don’t use salt water. Should I make it anyways just because everyone else is?! Help!

No
If youre stressed out without making that then youre on the right track

giselle

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:31 am
aricelli wrote:
We also use the recipe above but garnish the salt water holders- dip the rim in the salt water solution or any sticky substance such as maple syrup etc and then dip in pink himalayan salt- it has a very pretty effect

I love this idea, but we’re going to my in laws and they’re machmir not to use salt on Pesach. Talk about taking chumros too far.

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:40 am
Guys! I found a sodium free salt! Its colorless, odorless, tasteless, (not so unlike my karpas)..and I cant really see it but its completely sodium free and Tanya approved too. I will admit I added a full cup of it to my distilled, chemical free, filtered spring water (H3O rather than H2O) and it didnt even change the flavorlessness. Highly recommend! Most stores are already sold out! If you live in Denver though...they have like 3 bottles left. Best. Saltwater. Ever!

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:44 am
Only buy the brand name one! Company is Maluach. The off brand is called "Lot's Wife" and it tastes like it sat around for 3 thousand years or so. Spend the extra 3 cents plz. Buyer beware

giselle

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:45 am
So glad you’re back jewishfoodie with your updated recipe! I was hoping you’d have one, because last year’s recipe is so yesterday.

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:48 am
Im just glad its not halaptshis

malki2

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:49 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
I lost the one my family passed down for generations!

Please.

Also, ice cubes, if you have one
TIA
Chag Kosher V'sameach to all..

It’s too stressful for us to make the salt water so close to Pesach. So we make it a week early and actually freeze it into ice cubes (there’s your ice cube recipe). When they thaw on the Seder night they’re mamesh like fresh out of the ocean!

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:56 am
malki2 wrote:
It’s too stressful for us to make the salt water so close to Pesach. So we make it a week early and actually freeze it into ice cubes (there’s your ice cube recipe). When they thaw on the Seder night they’re mamesh like fresh out of the ocean!

So clever! I might just tweak that idea and use it for the candles in the leichter. You know how it goes. The whole house is bedlam, everyones eating charoset just to prove its still disgusting, (sort of like touching your tongue to a pulled tooth) and then it dawns on you with chilling horror; you didnt place the candles on the candelabras. Now the leichter is just empty and you have exactly 2 hours to sun down. No more! I will place the candles there TODAY and leave it that way until shabbos. A smart person learns something from another thing. Or something like that. So THANK YOU!

Edited to improve my equally disgusting spelling

Last edited by Jewishfoodie on Sun, Apr 14 2019, 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total

sneakermom

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:57 am
Actually the real salt water is tear water.

Any meltdown. Any pain. Any frustration.

If you feel the tears coming...

Run for the kosher l’pesach metal bowl and let your tears fall into the receptacle.

We collect tears all year. And Bh at the end of the year the bowl is full.

You don’t have to add or take anything away from it. It’s ready for dipping. As is.

Some people boil it for three minutes but min hadin it’s edible and kosher. Enjoy!

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:59 am
Great.
And since I always take a shower at the last minute before the zman - I will take a good long shower today and freeze myself 'till erev yom tom!

aricelli

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 11:27 am
giselle wrote:
I love this idea, but we’re going to my in laws and they’re machmir not to use salt on Pesach. Talk about taking chumros too far.

But theme? We put the salt on the rim to tie it in to the salt water in it

my mama

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:12 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Great.
And since I always take a shower at the last minute before the zman - I will take a good long shower today and freeze myself 'till erev yom tom!

Thanks for the laugh. LOL LOL

penguin

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 11:15 pm
Quote:
We don’t use salt water.
Seriously? Next you'll tell us you don't do karpas either.

Edited to mention - you know we have plenty of ice at the South Pole, and it's pretty salty. I'm happy to ship some to any of you who need some.

Miri7

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 11:23 pm
I didn’t bother to read the whole thread but this is definitely something to AYLOR. Seriously, imamothers should not be paskening on salt water recipes.

Also, all the truly kosher l’pesach salt in the whole world is sold out. I know because I got the last one.

Metukah

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 1:21 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Only buy the brand name one! Company is Maluach. The off brand is called "Lot's Wife" and it tastes like it sat around for 3 thousand years or so. Spend the extra 3 cents plz. Buyer beware

So happy to have you back.

Can you please stay for a little more than just salt water recipes?

Metukah

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 1:25 am
Miri7 wrote:
I didn’t bother to read the whole thread but this is definitely something to AYLOR. Seriously, imamothers should not be paskening on salt water recipes.

Ita. It's not normal how amothers rely on anonymous posters (who may just be trolls, such as yeshiva bochurim with no smicha) to advise them on something that if done just slightly wrong can make the whole pesach not kosher.

Miri7 wrote:

Also, all the truly kosher l’pesach salt in the whole world is sold out. I know because I got the last one.

I'm not sure why you are so proudly advertising that you left this important thing til so late that you got the last one.

I got the first one. When I came to buy it they hadn't even yet opened the packaging.

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 2:26 am
sneakermom wrote:
Actually the real salt water is tear water.

Is sweat okay? I'm not sure I'll have enough tears.
Page 5 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics