Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Is this kosher for pesach 2 items...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 3:49 pm
I can't seem to find any list that has OTC acne med.. does anyone know if clean and clear advantage acne spot treatment is ok?

Also, Maybelline tatoo studio eyeliner.. I found a similar looking name on a list
Maybeline eye studio color tatoo concentrated.. could the COR have mixed u the name?

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 4:14 pm
so far as I understand, anything a dog won't eat you can use - unless it is mamish chometz like aveeno oatmeal washes ... especially if you are not eating it

do you have a blumenkrantz pesach book, they have always been quite helpful to me in the past

miami85

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 4:20 pm
I know that some maybelline mascaras have had chometz ingredients--but its rare.
Most of the problematic ingredients actually sound like wheat/oat, the only one that doesn't is "triticum vulgare"

The CRC's policy has been more makil with regard to cosmetics in general

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 5:37 pm
Unfortunately I did not buy the blumenkrantz book.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 5:39 pm
OP, it's not food, you may use it.

Boca00

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 9:52 pm
Maybelline items need to be checked for a whole list of ingredients.
Regarding the spot treatment, I couldn't find that exact item on the Blumenkrantz app, only other ones.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:09 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
OP, it's not food, you may use it.

I learned that you cannot benefit from chametz on Pesach, which means even things like shampoo with wheat germ oil in it. Nobody is going to eat shampoo. Yuck!

Even fish food needs to be KLP. If they are used to eating flakes with chametz in them, you need to switch to dried bloodworms. When I had fancy goldfish, they always loved Pesach. It was like giving them a steak dinner every day.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:36 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Maybelline items need to be checked for a whole list of ingredients.
Regarding the spot treatment, I couldn't find that exact item on the Blumenkrantz app, only other ones.

dd needs some kind of pimple zapper.. Can you mention one you two you found on blumenkrantz - thanks!

Boca00

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
dd needs some kind of pimple zapper.. Can you mention one you two you found on blumenkrantz - thanks!

I searched differently now and I see clean and clear advantage is good, but not all their cleansers.

Also, neutrogena on the spot treatment is good.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:50 pm
Thanks!!!!!!

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:51 pm
People here are saying that the food can’t be something a dog would eat...

Unfortunately, according to my mother in law, during ww11 people were eating things that EVEN a dog wouldn’t eat!

singleagain

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 1:28 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
People here are saying that the food can’t be something a dog would eat...

Unfortunately, according to my mother in law, during ww11 people were eating things that EVEN a dog wouldn’t eat!

As far as I understand. We don't pasken according to either crazy dogs. Or extreme situations.

In extreme situations, ppl have been known to resort to cannibalism... Does that mean that we have sell ourselves for chometz also?

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 2:14 am
It is indeed forbidden to benefit from chametz in any way over pesach. The thing is that once something becomes inedible, it isn't chametz. So you can't wash your hair with beer, but shampoo with wheat germ is not a concern, because that wheat germ isn't chametz. Put it away if you want to, but don't call inedible things chametz.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics