Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Changing Linen
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 7:57 pm
Honest - Do you change linen every time you have guest for one night?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 7:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes. Unless it's the same person , then I ask the person if they want me to wash it again for them (family members, I wouldn't ask anyone else and would just change the linen regardless)

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:01 pm
Sure. You'd really have more than one person use the same linen??? Eeeewwww

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:06 pm
Yes absolutely. It would really gross me out to sleep on someone else's linen. If it's too difficult for you, ask the guest to please help out with it. Trust me, they'd rather do it themselves than sleep on someone else's sheets.

iyar

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes.
Always.
If I wasn't able to I'd say I'm sorry I'm not up to having guests.

teachkids

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:28 pm
In certain communities it's acceptable to ask the guest to bring their own linen if it's too much for you to wash it from a 1 night stay.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 8:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Absolutely!

essie14

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 12:23 am
Of course! I would never have 2 diff people sleep on the same linen. Would you give your master bedroom to guests and sleep on the linen after them?
It’s perfectly acceptable to ask guests to strip the beds when they leave.

erm

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 2:35 am
always

oliveoil

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 2:47 am
Of course. It's the bare basics.

Metukah

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 4:29 am
Off course.

If you don't please let the guest know.

I once spent a night sleeping on a chair because the (paid) accommodations were so disgusting and the bedding didn't seem clean.

I prefer to know in advance. Thank you very much.

Rappel

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 4:30 am
If the bedding is clean, then I might not. I'd tell them beforehand though, so they have the option of bringing their own. Most people don't seem to mind.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 8:40 am
Of course.
Funny story- my cleaning lady is lacking MAJORLY in the brains department. No common sense whatsoever. I had a guest 2 weeks ago for shabbos, and I asked that he strip the bed so that I can wash the linen. He left Sunday night, and I left it balled up on the bed for my cleaning lady to wash. I come home Monday from work, and the bed in the guest room is set! Which is a surprise because it takes her 2 days to do linen. I realized a little bit later THAT SHE DIDNT WASH THE LINEN and just put it right back on the bed Rolling Eyes

Moonlight

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 8:43 am
Yes

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 8:49 am
Was just curious cuz someone had mentioned something to me about this... Was curious if it was the norm...

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 9:20 am
I once spent the night by a family I didn't know, because I was going to a simcha the next day. It was nice of them to offer the guest bedroom.

As I was packing up to leave, I stripped the bed and put the linen by the door. A few days later I found out that they were telling people "I'll never have her over again. She didn't make the bed, and left the room in a mess." It was super embarrassing for me to know that this woman was talking about me all over town, to people I didn't know. I found out through a friend of a friend.

Confused The only thing I did was strip the bed. I didn't leave nosh wrappers all over the place, or dirty tissues in the waste basket, or anything. I'm not an animal!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 9:31 am
Of course. Can't believe it's even a question.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 9:58 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I once spent the night by a family I didn't know, because I was going to a simcha the next day. It was nice of them to offer the guest bedroom.

As I was packing up to leave, I stripped the bed and put the linen by the door. A few days later I found out that they were telling people "I'll never have her over again. She didn't make the bed, and left the room in a mess." It was super embarrassing for me to know that this woman was talking about me all over town, to people I didn't know. I found out through a friend of a friend.

Confused The only thing I did was strip the bed. I didn't leave nosh wrappers all over the place, or dirty tissues in the waste basket, or anything. I'm not an animal!

That's so harsh! Goodness. I guess they didn't like their linen touched (I don't either - easier to pile it into the machine when I'm ready to deal with it?), but didn't they realize you were only trying to make it easier for them??
That was disgusting of them. I'm so sorry you went through that. You're really thoughtful for trying to make your stay easier on them.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 10:13 am
In seminary, when I was a guest regularly, I’d offer to bring linens. When leaving I’d ask what to do with the linens.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 10:48 am
linen should not be re-used ... that is gross tantamount to sharing one's bodily fluids ~ just sayin'
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry