Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Quick Abstract MMR rant
Previous  1  2  3  Next

crust

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 3:08 pm
No. They dont do MMR-V anymore as far as I know.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 3:08 pm
Isn't the point of the MMR to avoid sickness? So now they're sick anyway. Yay!

crust

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 3:10 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:

Exactly!
Although from what I hear from my older siblings the pain is not to compare.
To me, the main thing is that when my child is sick from the vaccine its not a contagious disease. I dont live on an island.

Last edited by crust on Sun, Apr 14 2019, 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 3:13 pm
crust wrote:
Exactly!
Ok, so now you can understand one element of the non-vaxxing parents. When my DC had fever after I gave the MMR I was in a panic because I didn't know if it was measles (because DC had been exposed) or due to the vaccine. This went on for 3 days and I treated it as if it's contagious, keeping DC isolated. This is not normal. Had DC gotten the measles, at least DC would be immune for life.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 3:14 pm

To prevent the big illness. While the immune system builds up antibodies for this disease, which the vaccine prompts it to do, the body can get a little ill. In the end it does what it needs to.
To good health!

crust

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 3:14 pm
Ok, so now you can understand one element of the non-vaxxing parents. When my DC had fever after I gave the MMR I was in a panic because I didn't know if it was measles (because DC had been eposed or due to the vaccine. This went on for 3 days. This is not normal. Had DC gotten the measles, at least DC would be immune for life.

I never said I don't understand it. You'll pretty much find me repeating it everywhere that I hate it precisely for this reason.
Alas, my non-island situation.

Rappel

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 3:24 pm
My sympathies, Crust. Every time we vaccinate, I now predose my kids with Ibuprofen, because I know what's coming. I still prefer a vaccine to my child getting the actual sickness, but those first 24 hours are intense!

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 3:29 pm
Rappel wrote:
My sympathies, Crust. Every time we vaccinate, I now predose my kids with Ibuprofen, because I know what's coming. I still prefer a vaccine to my child getting the actual sickness, but those first 24 hours are intense!

Have you checked with your ped? There's some evidence that taking something beforehand can reduce the immune response and make the vaccine less effective.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 3:30 pm
It must be a kid thing. I recently got the MMR and didn't notice anything.

crust

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 3:32 pm
Rappel wrote:

It's at least 4-10 days for a red hot swollen hand. Then at least 4-5 days of high fever and then ahh.. done.

crust

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 3:33 pm
southernbubby wrote:
It must be a kid thing. I recently got the MMR and didn't notice anything.

I have other kids that take it and not a boo.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 5:43 pm
crust wrote:
I have other kids that take it and not a boo.

You can see that this one child reacts while the others don't.
I don't mean to exclusively address Crust.
Perhaps you can fathom that some kids react ten or one hundred times worse than your child. Your child has a minor reaction. When you assume that that is the extent of reactions possible you are making a huge assumption. Over 4 billion dollars already paid out by the vaccine injury compensation program. The manufacturer and your doctor are not liable.
Vaers is vastly under-reported according to Harvard medical school. Have we ever even heard the term vaccine injury or Vaers on the news? Why?
I am not an anti vaxxer. I just really think that shoving susceptibility to vaccine injury under the rug cannot work anymore. Espescially with so many vaccines on the schedule. I wish people would not buy in to the hatred and name calling. If I hear the term "misinformation" one more time....the censorship and hate have caused me to seriously look into this topic more than ever before.
We know that medicine, industry and media have some unholy ties. When it came to smoking, formula, dietary recommendations, certain drugs, doctors have been wrong. They are not all knowing and they are expected to follow certain protocols unquestioningly.
We must allow questions. Is it really a shock that it can't be one size fits all?
A truthfull doctor will tell you that as much as "science" understands, there is far more that it does not understand.
The more I read, the more I realize how important it is for us, as the consumers to advocate for liability, single dose vaccines, choice. Not censorship, hatred, dictatorship.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 12:30 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
You can see that this one child reacts while the others don't.
I don't mean to exclusively address Crust.
Perhaps you can fathom that some kids react ten or one hundred times worse than your child. Your child has a minor reaction. When you assume that that is the extent of reactions possible you are making a huge assumption. Over 4 billion dollars already paid out by the vaccine injury compensation program. The manufacturer and your doctor are not liable.
Vaers is vastly under-reported according to Harvard medical school. Have we ever even heard the term vaccine injury or Vaers on the news? Why?
I am not an anti vaxxer. I just really think that shoving susceptibility to vaccine injury under the rug cannot work anymore. Espescially with so many vaccines on the schedule. I wish people would not buy in to the hatred and name calling. If I hear the term "misinformation" one more time....the censorship and hate have caused me to seriously look into this topic more than ever before.
We know that medicine, industry and media have some unholy ties. When it came to smoking, formula, dietary recommendations, certain drugs, doctors have been wrong. They are not all knowing and they are expected to follow certain protocols unquestioningly.
We must allow questions. Is it really a shock that it can't be one size fits all?
A truthfull doctor will tell you that as much as "science" understands, there is far more that it does not understand.
The more I read, the more I realize how important it is for us, as the consumers to advocate for liability, single dose vaccines, choice. Not censorship, hatred, dictatorship.

Exactly.
Why do mothers like crust need to vent and ignore their motherly instincts? Why can't we be open about our concerns? Why do we shut down anyone who doesn't toe the line?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 12:51 am
The doctors are ALWAYS right...

Except about hand washing (until Semmelweis came along)
About x-rays (until they found out that the radiation is dangerous)
About breastfeeding (till they discovered it's healthy after all)
About infants crying (until they realized that it's not just "exercise")
About Vioxx (till they realized how many were killed)
About Rotateq (until they had too many cases of intussusception)
About trans fats (until they realized they are dangerous)
About sugar (until they admitted it's not healthy)
About twilight sleep (until they realized it's rather barbaric)
About episiotomies (until they discovered it's unnecessary in most cases)
About medical care (except that medical error is the third leading cause of death in America)

...but about vaccines, we can trust them 100% that bad reactions are practically nonexistent.

(I've heard a lot of doctors claim they think vaccines are so safe, they'll take 1000 of them at once. Anybody actually tried it?)

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 12:56 am
crust wrote:
No. They dont do MMR-V anymore as far as I know.

Of course they do!

Seashell

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 1:04 am
crust wrote:
It's at least 4-10 days for a red hot swollen hand. Then at least 4-5 days of high fever and then ahh.. done.

Wow that’s crazy, what does your doctor say? Does he say this is normal? Anything you can do to quicken recovery?
BH my kids have never reacted to the MMR. Refuah shleima and lots of luck!!

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 8:00 am
yes science changes
the Torah does not
rabbis say to follow the majority and do our hishtadlus

and several decades of widespread use of this vaccine since the mid-late 1960's is pretty much proof positive that for the vast majority of people it is safe and confers more benefits than risk both for individuals and the community at large

Rappel

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 8:20 am
crust wrote:

That's way more than my son, and he's normally a 48 hour fever (and he's prone to febrile seizures, so you can imagine how frightening that is Surprised )! That sounds beyond the realm of normal; is he possibly allergic to some component in the vaccine? Or have some kind of irregularity in his immune system? That's worth checking out.

Last edited by Rappel on Mon, Apr 15 2019, 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Rappel

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 8:25 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Have you checked with your ped? There's some evidence that taking something beforehand can reduce the immune response and make the vaccine less effective.

Thanks for the information.In Israel, a nurse gives the shots to young children when you come in for your periodic weigh-in. When the nurse heard that my children always react and have fevers, except for once, she recommended pre-dosing them. She's usually a rock of good sense, and sound medicine, both natural and synthetic. Even so, I'll research the vaccine efficacy factor. .

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 8:32 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
The doctors are ALWAYS right...

Except about hand washing (until Semmelweis came along)
About x-rays (until they found out that the radiation is dangerous)
About breastfeeding (till they discovered it's healthy after all)
About infants crying (until they realized that it's not just "exercise")
About Vioxx (till they realized how many were killed)
About Rotateq (until they had too many cases of intussusception)
About trans fats (until they realized they are dangerous)
About sugar (until they admitted it's not healthy)
About twilight sleep (until they realized it's rather barbaric)
About episiotomies (until they discovered it's unnecessary in most cases)
About medical care (except that medical error is the third leading cause of death in America)

...but about vaccines, we can trust them 100% that bad reactions are practically nonexistent.

(I've heard a lot of doctors claim they think vaccines are so safe, they'll take 1000 of them at once. Anybody actually tried it?)

You should never accept what someone says on faith. Ask questions until you're satisfied, read the original studies. Learn how to understand what makes a study well done or poor, and whether a deduction can be made about a causal relationship.

Because you mentioned Vioxx. My father a"h lived in a state of acute pain for more than 2 decades. He would wince from the pain of standing up or sitting down. In more than 2 decades, he never slept more than 3 hours a night. When Vioxx came out, his dr prescribed it. My father did his research. The concerns were out there, they weren't hidden. His doctor dismissed them, told him he's crazy, here's a drug that can take away the pain with minimal side effects. My father said he'd rather live with the pain than take chances. A short time later, the drug was pulled from the market. My father sought out the best doctors and treatments for himself. But he also taught himself how to read studies, how to ask the right questions, keep an open mind, and never accept anything blindly.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics