Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How many pounds of Matzah do you buy for pesach?
Previous  1  2

rowo

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 2:46 am
Only eat round shmurah matzah and have ordered 6 pounds for our family of 6. Home most meals, but don't eat gebrochts.
We'll get more on chol hamoed if we need

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 7:27 am
Family of 7 eaters and ordered 20 lbs. we eat matzah with all our meals on pesach but not gebroktz.
My mom ordered 70+lbs for a household of rotating guest of 20/25 people per meal.
She is cool with leftovers though.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 7:47 am
6 eaters 8 lbs

yamz

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 9:16 am
How much hand shmura do you use per person per seder? For example, if you have 7 people at one seder, how much hand shmura would you need? I'm trying to figure out how much to buy. Also, where in brooklyn is a good place to buy? We don't like them too thick, but I also don't want to pay $45/lb. Thanks.

sky

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 9:19 am
9lb - 2 adults, 5 kids. Yes gebrokts.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 12:07 pm
Curious if those buying less restrict the matzah intake or your kids and family just eat less by choice.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 12:28 pm
groisamomma wrote:
10 lbs for a family of 6.

We've always done this. This year DH is buying 14 lbs because we are having guests the entire Yom Tov including Chol Hamoed . One of my guests is bringing their own matzah. But I need for three others that will be by me half of Pesach, however I took myself out of the equation besides for the sedarim since I'm on a no carb diet.
So we believe that 14 lbs should be more than enough. Weve never run out (but DH calculates and doesn't put it on the table unless he knows he has enough to last us until the end).

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 3:48 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Curious if those buying less restrict the matzah intake or your kids and family just eat less by choice.

No restrictions here! I'd love for the kids to eat more of it, but nobody wants. They want food. We buy more than double what gets eaten and everywhere can take as much as they want.
Who wants matzah on chol hamoed when you can fill up on real food? We buy the tastiest matzah we can buy, but it's still just matzah. And it can be hard on the stomach too.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 5:02 pm
ra_mom wrote:
No restrictions here! I'd love for the kids to eat more of it, but nobody wants. They want food. We buy more than double what gets eaten and everywhere can take as much as they want.
Who wants matzah on chol hamoed when you can fill up on real food? We buy the tastiest matzah we can buy, but it's still just matzah. And it can be hard on the stomach too.

My kids love matzah with butter and salt (my childhood favorite that I had to share with them) I won't tell you how many sticks of butter we go through it's nauseating. They eat this every day with scrambled eggs or cheese omeletts for breakfast during Chol Hamoed
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics