Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Why the MMR was a bad idea (+ why you should give it anyway)
Previous  1  2

southernbubby

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 10:25 am
Bill Gates is right.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 11:07 am
look at whats going on in madagascar - 1200 died mainly children from measles - they want the vaccine but lack resources R"L
it is not a benign childhood disease

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 2:12 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
sorry op - while id love to bolster your conclusion that everyone should vaccinate now the reality is that
your post holds little substance - other than your conclusion to vaccinate

case in point: measles declined in the late 1960's because that is when the vaccine became widely available and used in the US
that is a fact -- as in people of that age group can check their ped records to prove it (if someone somehow somewhere doesn't believe the stats)

Measles CASES declined after the vaccine was introduced. Measles DEATHS were on a steep decline prior. Please check your facts.

Bringing in measles deaths in Madacascar is ridiculous, unless you think our medical system and nutrition is comparable.

Anyone who considers measles mostly benign is referring to it in an otherwise overall healthy childhood population in a first-world country with adequate medical care and nutrition. Not in adults, infants, immunocompromised, or third-world countries.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 2:23 pm
Are you the vitamin C poster?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 2:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Measles CASES declined after the vaccine was introduced. Measles DEATHS were on a steep decline prior. Please check your facts.

Bringing in measles deaths in Madacascar is ridiculous, unless you think our medical system and nutrition is comparable.

Anyone who considers measles mostly benign is referring to it in an otherwise overall healthy childhood population in a first-world country with adequate medical care and nutrition. Not in adults, infants, immunocompromised, or third-world countries.

If we eradicate it in other countries, it's not as likely to spread due to travel. I would like to think that it's time to discontinue the diphtheria vaccine because it's rare in America but it is common in parts of India and can spread by way of travel. OTOH, certain vaccines are only given to us if we travel.
Also we have to consider the cost of the care.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 4:22 pm
I personally am scared to go to public places chol hamoed! I have kids that did not get both mmr shots yet. I don’t want to take the risk. Yet I have 4 days of expectations here.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 4:35 pm
My MIL lost her hearing after getting the mumps as a baby, she was born before the MMR shot came out, she is sure happy her kids and grand-kids don't have to suffer like she does!

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 6:48 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Consider, chickenpox. It used to be a minor childhood illness and no adults were worried being around kids who had the chickenpox. Even if you were pregnant or sick. They were all immune. When my fully vaccinated nephew came down with chicken pox and his mother was in her first trimester the doctor said it is not a problem as she is naturally immune.

Not necessarily. My father got the chicken pox as an adult and it was pretty awful for him. My aunt also did not have it as a child, and she had to leave her job while pregnant when children in her class had chicken pox.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 5:31 am
if the deaths due to measles are mainly children R"L that refutes this theory that measles is benign and that in some lala land of yesteryear things were better in regard to measles and that the vaccine somehow did not have only an overall positive impact

agree with your conclusion that everyone should be vaccinating

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 6:34 am
flowerpower wrote:
I personally am scared to go to public places chol hamoed! I have kids that did not get both mmr shots yet. I don’t want to take the risk. Yet I have 4 days of expectations here.

You can check their titers

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 2:31 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Not necessarily. My father got the chicken pox as an adult and it was pretty awful for him. My aunt also did not have it as a child, and she had to leave her job while pregnant when children in her class had chicken pox.

Well I can also start with scare tatctics about people who died from strept and people who died from bee bites and people who died from car accidents. Check the statistics.
For the most part, we all survived chicken pox.

This is a very interesting study from pub med proving the OP correct.
It basically sums up how history can be rewritten to fit a narrative. and again this is from mainstream pubmed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....0543/

If you read this article you will see many similarities to the current day anti/pro fight. Both are bringing false facts to suit their narratives.

the bottom line is that vaccines, like any drug, have side effects.
You and I can agree that the benefit outweighs the risk but the ones who have experienced the side effects can't agree with us.
There is no reason for the force or hatred.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 3:43 pm
amother, my mother always says that she is so grateful there is a vaccine for chickenpox as it was so hard to see her kids so uncomfortable and it was so hard to deal with. She was a sahm so had no issues of taking off from work.

[Normal] ppl give antibiotics for strep so it won't be fatal
Ppl use car seats, seat belts and air bags to minimize car accident fatalities
ppl. hired exterminators and use bee traps to avoid bee stings
and YES vaccinate against measles to prevent complications that can occur from the disease.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 4:33 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Well I can also start with scare tatctics about people who died from strept and people who died from bee bites and people who died from car accidents. Check the statistics.
For the most part, we all survived chicken pox.

This is a very interesting study from pub med proving the OP correct.
It basically sums up how history can be rewritten to fit a narrative. and again this is from mainstream pubmed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....0543/

If you read this article you will see many similarities to the current day anti/pro fight. Both are bringing false facts to suit their narratives.

the bottom line is that vaccines, like any drug, have side effects.
You and I can agree that the benefit outweighs the risk but the ones who have experienced the side effects can't agree with us.
There is no reason for the force or hatred.

OP was right about what? Who is messing with us?

This seems to be the thesis of the article:

"In other words, creating scientific uncertainty permitted the companies to attribute the very risks imposed by their product to individuals rather than to the companies themselves."

Do you think eradication of measles is overall just not a worthy initiative? Or only an initiative because pharmacy figured out how to go about it?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics