Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Cleaning tub, cleaning kids and time management

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 4:25 am
As we get to the warmer weather. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with getting the kids to sleep. They all come in from playing outside smelling heavy from perspiration. I have a baby just started eating solids and needs a wash down. A toddler, preschooler and twins just turned 7. I need help figuring out how to do this. What do I do with the baby while I give baths. In the nice weather the kids are out close to bedtime at least until 6:30, usually even later. I have to be out with them. Dinner for them is at 5:00 when they come home from school, and camp in the summer. Also should I wash the bathtub between each child? You get kids go to sleep at 7:30- 8:00 and get up each morning between 7-7-30.
Curious what others do with children this age.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 4:37 am
you do not have to wash the bathtub out between kids.
Can the baby be in a bouncy seat or in the stroller while you are giving the others a bath?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 4:48 am
No theres no room for one insiden or outside the bathroom. My little kids sit while I bath them they where diapers. Not washing between kids seems unclean

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 5:05 am
No theres no room for one insiden or outside the bathroom. My little kids sit while I bath them they where diapers. Not washing between kids seems unclean

acemom

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 10:07 am
What do you call washing the tub?
Between each child do a quick rinse and swish with your hands so anything stuck to the sides comes off.
Then refill the bath with clean water.
It shouldn't take long.
That's what I'd do.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 10:12 am
Wash the tub? I'm glad this never even occured to me.

My kids r a bit younger but we do baths for everyone every day.

This is how I do it:
First, set out diapers/pull ups/ underwear. Start bath.

2 little kids go in together. Wash each kids hair. Let them play. While they're playing, put baby or younger toddler in one at a time (because toddlers and babies need more focus to be safe)

If baby or younger toddler isnt napping I stick them in the crib with a toy. They don't love it but they're used to it.

Dry baby, put on diaper, put baby in safe place. Take out older 2, dry, put on diaper/pull up/ underwear.

Bring everyone to living room, put in pjs.

It sounds very complex but once you get in the swing of it it's easy.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 10:15 am
Not only do I not wash the tub between uses my 2 youngest share a bath.

DVOM

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 10:27 am
I've never cleaned the tub in between kids. Now my boys are (mostly) independent bathers, but when they were younger I used to stick 2 at a time in the tub, wash their hair and faces and tushies with the running water from the tap while the tub filled, and then let them play. Depending on the age of the baby, he would be crawling around the bathroom floor or in a bouncy seat, or on my lap.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 10:55 am
The older ones can definitely shower at that age (my younger ones do too, but may not be feasible for you). It's a lot faster than running a bath repeatedly. The part that the kids need you hands on only takes two minutes at a stretch, so you just put the baby down in a safe place for those two minutes.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 11:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

What?

When we were little we’d all sit in the bath together and play and before we were ready to come out my mom would drain the water and then individually soap and wash us.

Perfectly normal.

But if you insist on bathing the kids every night, separately and washing out the tub in between each use of course you’d be overwhelmed Can't Believe It
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics