Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Family outings over pesach with a baby

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 4:11 pm
My baby is under the age where I could give the MMR I don't live in Monsey or Lakewood but not far away and anywhere that I would go would be around people who possibly are not vaccinated. It's not fair to my other children not to go out . is it less of an Issue if it's an outdoor place vs indoor? We probably have only one day when we could do a family outing and I really don't want to stay home with my baby while my family goes out.or just need to think of a place no one else will go

ectomorph

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 4:16 pm
Honestly, I was planning on just not going outside with the baby.

If do go outside please keep your kid home even for light viral symptoms for the next 2 weeks in case it's the measles

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 4:17 pm
My doctor told me today not to take my baby to any public place even out doors besides to visit people that I know are vaccinated or in own backyard etc.
My baby got her MMR today but I was told it's still too early it takes a few weeks for the immunity to begin working .

flowerpower

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 4:20 pm
I posted on the other thread that I’m really nervous about chol hamoed. I don’t know what to do. My kids will want to go places. It’s not fair!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 7:59 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Honestly, I was planning on just not going outside with the baby.

If do go outside please keep your kid home even for light viral symptoms for the next 2 weeks in case it's the measles

Not really worried a out taking my baby out where I live no outbreak here. but thinking more of the amusement parks, museums ,zoos and jumpy type places that are always packed on yomtov. Also my baby has colds on off how would a vires be different.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 11:01 pm
How can I be careful with Measles, with a newborn baby at a hotel over pesach?
Staying home isn't an option and I don't have other accommodations available.

lucky14

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 11:22 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
How can I be careful with Measles, with a newborn baby at a hotel over pesach?
Staying home isn't an option and I don't have other accommodations available.

There's really not much to advise.... you have read how easily it spreads, yes? Is this in an area where the outbreaks have been/will people from those areas be attending? Honestly I'd stay far away. There MUST be another option.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics