Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
EMERGENCY! Recipe for salt water please?
  Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 11  12  13  Next

Frumwithallergies

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 6:50 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Im just glad its not halaptshis

Ahhh, the memories! LOL LOL LOL
Nice to see you again, JewishFoodie!!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 8:44 am
Metukah wrote:
I'm not sure why you are so proudly advertising that you left this important thing til so late that you got the last one.

I got the first one. When I came to buy it they hadn't even yet opened the packaging.

I got some last year and put it away to be safe.
I'm the winner!!! Dancing

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 9:19 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I got some last year and put it away to be safe.
I'm the winner!!! Dancing

We have salt water starter in the family for several generations already. During the war, my Bubbe managed to hide it with her in the barracks...

soap suds

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 10:42 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
Is sweat okay? I'm not sure I'll have enough tears.

If you don't have enough tears, you're not doing Pesach right. Saltwater is the least of your problems!

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 11:28 pm
soap suds wrote:
If you don't have enough tears, you're not doing Pesach right. Saltwater is the least of your problems!

But she’s got sweat*, can’t argue with that. So, must be she’s doing something right with her avodes haperech.

*hope you’re using aluminum & vaccine free deodorant.

Disclaimer: I’ve got no sweat & no tears. Way too lazy to get into the swing of things. Waiting for some magic to get this apt pesachdig. And I’ll let my mil deal with the salt water recipe.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 22 2021, 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total

penguin

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 11:52 pm
But do you know Lakewood Matzoh Bakery is SOLD OUT! Wheat and Spelt both.
I mean, c'mon. There's another few days. WHY aren't they baking more? Either they ran out of flour or they ran out of water.

But I don't think you can use salt water for matzos.

soap suds

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 8:46 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
But she’s got sweat*, can’t argue with that. So, must be she’s doing something right with her avodes haperech.

*hope you’re using aluminum & vaccine free deodorant.

Disclaimer: I’ve got no sweat & no tears. Way too lazy to get into the swing of things. Waiting for some magic to get this apt pesachdig. And I’ll let my mil deal with the salt water recipe.

I've got tears running down my cheeks at the thought of you sitting and doing nothing while I'm slaving away (can't you see how hard I'm working? I don't even have a minute to go on imamother!) And think of the tears of disappointment you'll be shedding when you find that your house didn't get itself ready for Pesach. If your house is anything like mine, NOTHING gets done unless you do it with your own 2 hands.

pizza4

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 8:50 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:

*hope you’re using aluminum & vaccine free

LOL this is GOLD

soap suds

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 9:05 pm
Hey Pizza, you should consider changing your avatar being that we're so close to Pesach. What if someone logs on from her Pesach kitchen and sees you pop up on her screen? Best case scenario, she gets a massive panic attack. Worst case scenario... I don't think I want to go there.
It may be a shaila of pikuach nefesh. AYLOR.

giselle

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 9:16 pm
soap suds wrote:
Hey Pizza, you should consider changing your avatar being that we're so close to Pesach. What if someone logs on from her Pesach kitchen and sees you pop up on her screen? Best case scenario, she gets a massive panic attack. Worst case scenario... I don't think I want to go there.

She probably doesn’t vaccinate either.

aricelli

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 9:52 pm
giselle wrote:

Youre on a roll tonight giselle!

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 10:09 pm
soap suds wrote:
I've got tears running down my cheeks at the thought of you sitting and doing nothing while I'm slaving away (can't you see how hard I'm working? I don't even have a minute to go on imamother!) And think of the tears of disappointment you'll be shedding when you find that your house didn't get itself ready for Pesach. If your house is anything like mine, NOTHING gets done unless you do it with your own 2 hands.

You sure it’s tears? Then quick, get the basin! Collect it & sell it on eBay for all the last minute people.
I was just under the impression that it was soap suds.

Also, so sorry to hear you don’t have a minute to go onto imamother. That sucks Hug Hug I do have a therapist recommendation for you (fully licensed, no worries) but in the meantime no fears, my daughter will donate you some time (her kvetching time) so you can come on here for a well deserved break.

Oh, and one more piece of advice. Given by my dear parents amush. When you’re crying, “bet zilch Uis a git gebentchta yur”.
And, I for sure wouldn’t waste (your) precious tears on my not getting pesach cleaning done LOL enough that I have to deal with the fallout Tongue Out

Edited some auto correct horrors. (Anyone else have pesach turn into peach? What a negative connotation these days... )

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 22 2021, 2:36 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 10:13 pm
soap suds wrote:

Something niggling in my brain from last yr about pizza’s avatar? Perhaps it’s klp? Don’t remember the discussion though.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 22 2021, 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total

happyone

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 10:26 pm
didnt your Mama teach you in ANY emergency always call 911?

soap suds

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 12:59 am
giselle wrote:

So anti-vaxxers get to have pizza on Pesach? In that case, I don't blame them for being that way.

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 2:05 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Something niggling in my brain from last yr about pizza’s avatar? Perhaps it’s klp? Don’t remember the discussion though.

I think you might be remembering Crust:
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....42381
?

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 2:08 am
WitchKitty wrote:
I think you might be remembering Crust:
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....42381
?

This was a pre pesach have discussion last year iirc.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Mar 22 2021, 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total

giselle

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 11:42 am
aricelli wrote:
Youre on a roll tonight giselle!

Anything to shirk my responsibilities.

(Happen to love pre pesach even with all the craziness.)

aricelli

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 11:44 am
giselle wrote:
Anything to shirk my responsibilities.

(Happen to love pre pesach even with all the craziness.)

Me too! And when I hear my kids saying that they love pesach as well I know that I’ve arrived...
(Even if my salt water flopped and I dont know if theres still time to make a second batch...)

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 11:47 am
OMIGOD YOU GUYS ARE HYSTERICAL!!!!!
Page 6 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics