Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Where to start help!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 11:10 pm
We always come home Chol Hamoed and go away 1st and 2nd days. Bh had a baby a few weeks ago so we decided to stay by my parents chol Hamoed . Now I realize how crazy it is. My older kids who are all age 6 and younger will be so off schedule and so much better to come home. My house is so flying can I crazy to start cleaning now? What’s the minimum to do? Easiest one pot supper so don’t have To clean oven ? Any other tips?

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 11:13 pm
You need to call your own rov and ask what the minimum is. Everyone’s different.
I think it’s very doable.
Buy a crockpot for supper, a portable burner and a frying pan for eggs for lunch... yogurt for breakfast... and now you don’t need to do any real kashering in the kitchen. Just a sink and the fridge. Cover the counters and tape the cabinets.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 11:16 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
You need to call your own rov and ask what the minimum is. Everyone’s different.
I think it’s very doable.
Buy a crockpot for supper, a portable burner and a frying pan for eggs for lunch... yogurt for breakfast... and now you don’t need to do any real kashering in the kitchen. Just a sink and the fridge. Cover the counters and tape the cabinets.

I have a burner and frying pans from prior years. I also have a dairy toaster oven.

imasinger

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 4:38 am
Cleaning: Go through dry goods in pantry/cabinet to collect chametz. Designate one place to put what you're selling. Cereal, crackers, pasta, granola, flour, pretzels, bread, twizzlers/Pringles, etc. Do the same with your fridge and freezer. If you have a second one to store items you plan to sell over Pesach, use that, otherwise, toss, give away, or donate.

Find a place to put the food you will use for Pesach (can be a covered countertop or rolling cart), then you can close off everything else.

Limit your cleaning with cloth to actual chametz and places where you will put pesachdik stuff (fridge, table, etc), don't worry about crumbs where you will be closing cabinets. Clean and cover.

Kasher sink, tape or put away everything else, be sure that kol chamira is said and sale of chametz is done.

You can probably do this in a few hours. On Thursday night, look for anything large that might have dropped. Check backpacks, diaper bags, purses, coat pockets.

AYLOR about anything else. You may be pleasantly surprised to learn how few things are actually problems.

Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics