Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Garbage odor

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 7:58 am
My house has never been this clean. Making Pesach this year and everything has been scrubbed clean. Why is there a “garbagy” odor? I’ve tried locating the source but have not been successful. Has anyone had this before and solved the mystery?

aricelli

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 8:25 am
Did you use a mop? Thise can smell awfully bad if not washed

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 3:41 pm
It’s not the mop. I replace mine often. It’s strange because I smell it now after the kitchen has been scrubbed down and I haven’t cooked in it since Friday. It’s almost like all the normal kitchen use odors are gone and instead of fresh clean I’m left with a garbage odor. I cannot figure out the source.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 6:06 pm
Smell the drains. Smell inside the refrigerator. Freezer. Vents. Stick your head in the washing machine.
Keep following your nose.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 7:41 pm
I think (I hope!) the source was located! I’m pointing it out in case anyone else gets into this mess. I realized that I did not wipe down the cabinets under my sink. I store dish soap and sponges down there. We don’t use it on pesach but since there is never food stored in that cabinet I didn’t see a reason to clean it. There were spots where the dish soap had spilled. Perhaps the dampness from it created the odor 🤷‍♀️? I cleaned it well and let it dry. So far so good. My house smells nice and fresh!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry