Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What would you do in my situation?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 9:55 am
I work, from home, for two male bosses that are much younger than me.
I know that in the next few months I am going to have to undergo surgery for something that I would never share with a male boss (and that they are so much younger than me feels even stranger).
Years ago when I had to take off when I was pregnant for things, I told my female boss. I had no problems with being completely honest.

How would you handle this? I will say that I may have to miss some work because I have to have a procedure, but does one have to be more specific to their bosses? I mean, I will definitely have to take off a few days to recover.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 9:59 am
Tell them you have a medical procedure booked on X date and you will need to take off Y amount of time to recover.

tichellady

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:02 am
You do not need to share the details of the surgery if you do not want to

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:02 am
They don't need to know what type of procedure it is. Just say that you'll need to take off for a medical procedure.

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:12 am
Just say you have surgery planned for a specific date a d how long you need to recover.

You can have an answer ready like abdominal or something if they ask what kind but they probably wont

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:14 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Tell them you have a medical procedure booked on X date and you will need to take off Y amount of time to recover.

Exactly this. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that you need to say anything specific regarding what the procedure is about. Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics