Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Phone while visiting Israel

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 3:08 pm
What's the cheapest way?
I have my American Verizon phone with me, if that helps.
And most of the time I'll be here is on yom tov so if there's any way to not have to pay for those days, or to only pay for an amount of data and not per time, that would be good.
I'm already in Israel and didn't plan for this before I came because the last time I was here I was able to just use whatsapp over wifi for most of my phone needs, but it's just not working this time and I think I'm giving up.

sub

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 3:20 pm
Can you buy an israeli sim card? They are about 49 shekel for one month. Or can you borrow a relative’s sim card. I borrowed my brother’s sim and put it in my phone.

Shuly

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 3:24 pm
You can get a SIM card for one month in any cell phone store, but it will only have an Israeli cell phone number on it, not American.

sub

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 4:06 pm
Shuly wrote:
You can get a SIM card for one month in any cell phone store, but it will only have an Israeli cell phone number on it, not American.

Yes, but she’ll be able to use wats app. Also some plans provide a number of international minutes.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 4:13 pm
Can you get a sim card for a week? I'm literally here for about ten days of which 4 are yom tov. Is there a particular brand that's best? Will a different sim card work in a verizon phone? I'm in RBS A if anyone knows a good place here.

sub

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 4:27 pm
All sim cards work in all phones. You need to buy one for a month but at 49 shekel which is-less than 15$ its worth it. We brought one sim card from ny and it will cost about 45$.
Can your hosts recommend a cell phone store?
I’m staying in Davidka area and there’s a whole row of stores
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions