Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
"Ma Nishtana" with the Belz Beef Tongues this year?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:36 pm
I just bought this Tongue today and I see it has a big "bump" that protrudes from the rest of the tongue.

Is this Tongue's deformity a Kashrus or Health concern?

Update:

I made 5 Tongues for Pesach, 4 look deformed (and when I say theyre deformed, Ive been cooking tongues for 40+ years). All the deformed looking ones are from one Hashgacha/Shchita.

You dont notice it in the package in the store, because in the store theyre bent in a certain way and squeezed together to fit into the package.

I described the way they look to a Posek, who said theyre not a problem kashrus-wise or health-wise. But Im still weirded out about them.

The one with the biggest unusual bump, a Belz tongue, one of 5 Belz tongues I bought in BP, a supermarket manager switched for a Satmar Beef Tongue.

The Satmar Beef Tongue looks perfect to me.

Im wondering whats with Belz Beef Tongues this year? Anyone else notice abnormalities in their Belz Beef Tongues?

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:37 pm
Even if it's neither of them, I would be disgusted to use it. I would return it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:50 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Even if it's neither of them, I would be disgusted to use it. I would return it.

I agree, but imho its either a Kashrus concern (blemished meat, unhealthy animal) or health concern or both.

These days the growth hormones they give the animals and other junk, does crazy things.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 10:53 pm
Don't they check for kashrus concerns when they shecht or package the meat?
Maybe ask the butcher about it.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 11:02 pm
Looks like a tumor. Show it to the butcher.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 12:51 am
They switched it. Phew.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 8:43 am
Update with the Beef Tongue Saga:

I made 5 Tongues for Pesach, 4 look deformed (and when I say theyre deformed, Ive been cooking tongues for 40+ years). All the deformed looking ones are from one Hashgacha/Shchita.

You dont notice it in the package in the store, because in the store theyre bent in a certain way and squeezed together to fit into the package.

I described the way they look to a Posek, who said theyre not a problem kashrus-wise or health-wise. But Im still weirded out about them.

The one with the biggest unusual bump, a Belz tongue, one of 5 Belz tongues I bought in BP, a supermarket manager switched for a Satmar Beef Tongue.

Im wondering whats with Belz Beef Tongues this year? Anyone else notice abnormalities in their Belz Beef Tongues?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 12:24 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B U M P

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen