Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Amazing brownies you can cut
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Sanguine

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 2:24 am
Fave wrote:
I used a 9X13 - it came out delicious but a little too flat. I would double the recipe for a 9x13 and increase the cooking time.

(They're brownies which shouldn't be too high anyway) The recipe actually says for a smaller pan but I always use a foil pan (is that 9x13 or 9x12?) - (the shorter one the higher ones have a smaller baking surface which might be what you need). I always mix it in an electric mixer which may give it more volume (though I'm sure we've done it by hand too). I once doubled it and put it in a double size foil pan and it worked well too. Double the recipe in a 9x13 will for sure be much too much batter. Cooking time is more than half an hour. Test with a toothpick (or touch the top of the cake in the middle till solid). I do make my oven higher than 350 (like 365) but I do that for everything cause I think my oven has a problem.

There - I gave you al my extra secrets Very Happy

Last edited by Sanguine on Tue, Mar 31 2015, 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total

etky

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 2:25 am
Sanguine wrote:
I can't believe you're all baking Pesach already shock Everyone laughs at me cause I start cleaning on Tu B'shvat but we have to keep eating here. My kids are big but they have to eat. They can cook and feed themselves but they still need the sinks and stove.

I wish. I'm still cleaning.
I'm not going to be turned over until Thursday...

Sanguine

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 8:11 am
I edited the directions on the first post

devo1982

Post Tue, Mar 31 2015, 10:06 am
Have already decided this will be my treat for myself as soon as the kitchen is done. Motivation never hurt anyone!

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 12:40 am
Do you think I can try this cake and substitute ground walnuts for the cocoa? I'm not too fond of brownie and need a good nut recipe.

Sanguine

Post Wed, Apr 01 2015, 1:53 am
IMHopinion wrote:
Do you think I can try this cake and substitute ground walnuts for the cocoa? I'm not too fond of brownie and need a good nut recipe.
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter I take no responsibility for that, but if it works you can start your own thread about "amazing nut cake" (you can't hijack my brownie thread if you cut out the cocoa) Very Happy

grace413

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 12:05 pm
Just took the brownies out of the oven. Looking forward to eating them.

Laiya

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 3:22 pm
I made them, and I liked them. Just wanted to say I found them to be a bit more "cakey" than "chewy / fudgy".

Not sure if this was meant to be or I over-baked?

flatbush

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 1:09 pm
I have to say ... Those are the BEST brownies I ever ate on pessach... Last year I had a recepie and the brownies came out totally dry ... This tear im baking them over and over again because they are gone in no time here... Thank you sanguine... You totally made our pessach 😀

Sanguine

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 1:30 pm
Believe it or not I had two bad batches this year. My first one seemed OK but tasted just OK. Then I ate my second pan and that was really really good. Don't know why.

A different time I made a double batch and I guess I didn't split them right in the two pans so the one with more baked a little funny and the top came off the top when you took a piece.

Otherwise, we ate them a lot too

grace413

Post Thu, Apr 21 2016, 8:48 am
Bumping this great Pesach brownie recipe.

WastingTime

Post Tue, Apr 26 2016, 2:41 am
Funny. I just use always use my chometz recipe and instead of flour I use potato starch. It's almost exactly the same as this.
I used to do it with cake meal but find it tastes better with p. starch.
Happy baking!

EmpireState

Post Tue, Apr 26 2016, 8:36 pm
Sorry but I'm too tired to read all the replies. Can someone please clarify if I make 1 batch of these, should I use a 9x13 or a 9" square cake pan? Both sizes are disposable so these aren't exact dimensions.
Also can I make these a day ahead of time and refrigerate. Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 26 2016, 8:43 pm
EmpireState wrote:
Sorry but I'm too tired to read all the replies. Can someone please clarify if I make 1 batch of these, should I use a 9x13 or a 9" square cake pan? Both sizes are disposable so these aren't exact dimensions.
Also can I make these a day ahead of time and refrigerate. Thanks!

For one batch use a 9x13 pan.

grace413

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 7:10 am
Bumping this to give people a great recipe and to remember Sanguine A"H.

May her neshama have an aliya

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:32 am
grace413 wrote:
Bumping this to give people a great recipe and to remember Sanguine A"H.

May her neshama have an aliya

Liking wasn't enough.
Thank you.

etky

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 3:23 pm
I think of her a lot but especially at this time of year.
She was so proud of her signature Pesach brownies Crying

mommyhood

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 3:38 pm
I know Sanguine is not here to answer but does anyone know how many tsp/Tbsp a packet of vanilla sugar contains.

etky

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 3:43 pm
A packet is 10 gram. About a tablespoon. Maybe a tad more.

Cheshire cat

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 7:12 pm
I made these brownies today. It is fantastic.
Sanguine was here before I joined, so I never got to know her. Reviewing her threads, she comes across as such n upbeat and personable woman.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics