Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Is there anything at all I can make for my allergic dd??
Previous  1  2

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:02 am
ra_mom wrote:
Avocado mayo
https://chocolatecoveredkatie......egan/

Hmmm.

If you don't mind throwing it away if it flops, I'd try making the Passover rolls

http://www.sadiesalome.com/rec......html

substituting some of this for eggs. And then she can use them for avocado toast (untoasted, probably)

You can do fruit smoothies without milk.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:07 am
We love creamy avocado dressing!

anonymrs

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 9:50 am
yOungM0mmy wrote:
This.

I was that starving, miserable allergic child - eggs dairy, fish, nuts and didn't want to be meaty all the time. And to be fair, it wasn't because everyone else was having loads of treats and I wasnt - we are very strict with products, no gebrokts, we didnt do any baking anyway. For years, I absolutely hated Pesach, with a passion.

Now I do Pesach at home, and also have a child with the same allergies as me, and we're all happy. Besides salmon, and the foods I know he doesnt like anyway, I make all food that he can have. I cater to him and the rest of the family and guests eat the same as him. I do the same thing all year - practically every single one of my desserts is something he can have, even with all his restrictions, and still delicious to serve to company, so he never has to feel deprived.

Consider yourself lucky that this works for you. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a choice because there are other family members who have different food allergies so I need to provide food for them too.

anonymrs

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 9:57 am
tichellady wrote:
Oops, these are egg free https://minimalistbaker.com/3-.....llas/

THis is great!! Thanks!

anonymrs

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 9:58 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
All those w allergic kids, have you asked a shayla? My DGC eats a lot of special kosher l'pesach (l'sefardim) rice cakes!

Where do you buy kosher l'pesach rice cakes? I have another child who eats kitniyos on pesach but I've not seen kosher l'pesach rice cakes.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 10:05 am
anonymrs wrote:
Where do you buy kosher l'pesach rice cakes? I have another child who eats kitniyos on pesach but I've not seen kosher l'pesach rice cakes.

Where are you? I may have seen them at Aron's in Queens, but I can't be positive.

Anon for location.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 10:27 am
anonymrs wrote:
Consider yourself lucky that this works for you. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a choice because there are other family members who have different food allergies so I need to provide food for them too.

I'm sorry, that's tough.

If you have any sefardi neighborhoods near you, check their local supermarkets for a wide range of kitniyot products.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 11:19 am
Easy, egg free fruit sorbet recipe that doesn't need an ice cream maker or re-blending

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw.....9m355

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 11:47 am
anonymrs wrote:

Sephardic stores. I've also seen at Bingo and Gourmet Glatt in BP.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics