Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
This is very good

Sebastian

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 6:45 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

I just wish NYC would've done this earlier. It should not have taken this long.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 7:29 pm
I agree. My son is a student there and he said the police and inspectors arrived today and sent students home. I am livid that these kids were allowed back in the first place.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 7:36 pm
They should do it in every single school in the tri state. Monsey schools can really use this.

simba

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 7:50 pm
Conveniently done the day school is out for two weeks so it has no real effect but makes the news, as if they are taking real action. Government at its finest.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 7:52 pm
simba wrote:
Conveniently done the day school is out for two weeks so it has no real effect but makes the news, as if they are taking real action. Government at its finest.

Was just going to post this. What a farce. Satmar is already closed for the pesach holiday, all on their own.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 7:56 pm
simba wrote:

some schools don't close until Wednesday. I'm sure they are still getting fined for disobeying the order. In any case, they can't reopen after Pesach until they get their paperwork in order.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 7:59 pm
They actually have cheder until Wednesday. I heard that only the childcare program (after school) is being shut down. If you read the article carefully you'll see that's what they write.

I heard that chedarim in Williamsburg are not doing bedikas chametz cheder like they usually do because they can't screen the kids that show up.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 8:00 pm
I'm sad it comes to this. Terrible precedent.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 8:03 pm
simba wrote:

Or maybe we can take another look at it. It's not anti-semitism, it's actually the reverse! - They're showing consideration for us by purposely selecting the most convenient time. They're taking action and shutting down the school, when the repercussions are the lowest for us. This way, the school and parents now have 2 weeks to get their act together, and if they do what's expected of them, not even a day of schooling will be lost.

They could have done this a week ago, and make the erev pesach days much more stressed for the parents with all the little kids underfoot for an extra week.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 8:06 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Or maybe we can take another look at it. It's not anti-semitism, it's actually the reverse! - They're showing consideration for us by purposely selecting the most convenient time. They're taking action and shutting down the school, when the repercussions are the lowest for us. This way, the school and parents now have 2 weeks to get their act together, and if they do what's expected of them, not even a day of schooling will be lost.

They could have done this a week ago, and make the erev pesach days much more stressed for the parents with all the little kids underfoot for an extra week.

What about consideration for the immunocompromised?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Apr 15 2019, 11:04 pm
I passed by about hour ago and many tv stations are there sitting in the van . I’m assuming waiting for tomorrow morning because they’re we’re not reporting yet

imasoftov

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 6:22 am
One of the comments there says "Satmar was struggling with some anti vax mother’s who they couldn’t say no to." I have no idea if that's true and the comments on Vos Is The Yeshiva Matzav aren't the most reliable, but I wonder if anyone done a breakdown of vaccination different groups, I suppose the things to measure would be rates of vaccination and infection, statements pro or con by leadership, and how many of their schools are allowing unvaccinated students.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 9:50 am
Well my son went to school. The youngest grade does not have cheder. I guess they are in the category of "child care."

BH I don't have a son that age in that school. I can only imagine how upset parents are about this.

When will the selfishness end?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 10:16 am
I heard that just the daycare was closed down. In daycare, everything has to run 100% legal. Pupa daycare also had an inspection.

Sebastian

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 7:30 pm
of course they "close" 3 more schools when Pesach vacation already started. The good news is that 3 children were identified as being exposed to measles and not being vaccinated so hopefully the parents will be fined. I hope the city goes through with it. I am very disappointed with their lackluster response to such a major outbreak.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics