Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Help me with my menu

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 7:45 pm
Second seder dd has requested Italian wedding soup (basically it's super loaded chicken soup with teeny meatballs). I thought it would be fun. In essence it will be our main course, but I need to round out the meal so it is 3 courses. What else can I serve? (Dessert is chocolate orange cake and applesauce. )

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:00 pm
Fish and salad as an appetizer

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:01 pm
If you want to go full on Italian inspired you can do a salad course, bruschetta zucchini, Portobello stuffed potatoes, and an antipasto platter with roasted peppers, asparagus, olives, salami, pesach crackers...

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:04 pm
I'm kind of traditional with menus. I don't like skipping the main course. I would do the soup, and a regular main course but just plan smaller portions. Maybe chicken since you already have beef in the soup. No heavy sides like kugel, just chicken and a salad or cooked veg dish.

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:07 pm
Also Italian wedding soup has pasta which I assume you are skipping so it won't be quite so heavy.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:08 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If you want to go full on Italian inspired you can do a salad course, bruschetta zucchini, Portobello stuffed potatoes, and an antipasto platter with roasted peppers, asparagus, olives, salami, pesach crackers...

How fun is that? Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 8:16 pm
Raisin wrote:
Also Italian wedding soup has pasta which I assume you are skipping so it won't be quite so heavy.
It will contain pesach "egg noodles," so in addition to the meatballs will.have protein from the eggs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics