Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Help me be an Aishes Chayil please
1  2  Next

top mom

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 3:17 am
My poor husband has yearly panic attacks on Erev Pesach, when he remembers those wafery /pizza /takeout suppers he ate as a kid. I want to give him amazing supper experiences this Erev Pesach. Any ideas for 5 course dinners I can make him?
He is mainly resting up on the couch these days, dealing with the complex PTSD symptoms, while I clean, nurse, shop, cook, bake, iron, wash, wipe, kasher, but I'm just picturing the schar piling up in Shomayim for me.
I'll do anything for my Zanvel Zevulun!
Thanks for helping my Shalom Bayis!

flmommy

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 3:26 am
Can you do takeout? Pizza and pasta?

imasinger

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 3:26 am
(OMG, I'm Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Must be a tad overtired.)

Your problem, my dear, is that there are a few crumbs that dropped into your tear soaked tehillim. Clean it properly, and the ideas will flow. Or maybe some more tears for your mai melach.

Maybe you could use your expert chef powers. Pop a whole chicken and some vegetables in the pesachdik crockpot to simmer while you visit your sick grandmother. Set your kids up with their color coded peelers and get the potato kugel under way while you put the baby's toys in bleach in the tub. Start the fish while you take apart the toilet for cleaning. And send one of the kids to the market to buy some beautiful fresh fruit, it's worth the indulgence, and they will be totally safe en route, I'm sure.

top mom

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 4:37 am
Imasinger, when I saw you Rolling Laughter I knew I accomplished my goal!
I couldn't handle all the kvetching threads, us Yiddish mamas need some laughs between breaking our backs and bank accounts.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 4:58 am
OMG!!! So it's zanvel zevillin....but of course! His therapist clearly said only scrumptious pre pesach chumetz meals will heal his complex PTSD! I think you should hire a caterer for the week, he will invite all of his suffering friends, (except for the non-vaxx of course) and wholeness will be restored to the upper and lower galaxies!

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 5:44 am
I need help to be an Aishes Chayil also, so I don't take a baseball bat to the back of DH's head.

DH is watching me through the cameras. I stopped to eat my breakfast and have a cup of coffee. He texted that he sees me working really hard.

Help me clean with my right hand and eat my breakfast with my left.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 5:46 am
I am so glad I finished my coffee before opening this thread.

Moonlight

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 5:48 am
Cover the cameras . Now

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 5:57 am
I'm getting some negative vibes from you. You should get in touch with those issues you had as a child. Maybe you should see a therapist to help you do this special mitzvah with simcha.

Dr David xxxxx is an excellent therapist he can really help you and totally gets you in such situations. An extra bonus with him is that he has great pesach recipes.

aricelli

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 6:41 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I'm getting some negative vibes from you. You should get in touch with those issues you had as a child. Maybe you should see a therapist to help you do this special mitzvah with simcha.

Dr David xxxxx is an excellent therapist he can really help you and totally gets you in such situations. An extra bonus with him is that he has great pesach recipes.

Btw- make sure Dr Davids licensed please. From a reputable place. Even if he has the best recipes its just not worth it

Seashell

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 6:49 am
top mom wrote:
My poor husband has yearly panic attacks on Erev Pesach, when he remembers those wafery /pizza /takeout suppers he ate as a kid. I want to give him amazing supper experiences this Erev Pesach. Any ideas for 5 course dinners I can make him?
He is mainly resting up on the couch these days, dealing with the complex PTSD symptoms, while I clean, nurse, shop, cook, bake, iron, wash, wipe, kasher, but I'm just picturing the schar piling up in Shomayim for me.

Oh dear, you sound like an amazing woman, good for you for being so in tune with your husband. Continue catering to his every whim, while you juggle those hundreds of balls, after all isn’t that our job as women? And don’t worry dear if you collapse, we’re all here for you with great advice -from marriage counseling, to medication, or if you want to go the natural route a long bubbly bath, (just make sure you’re all vaxxed!! That’s a must, even if it will trigger dh’s ptsd symptoms!)

Thanks for the laughs LOL

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 7:03 am
Moonlight wrote:
Cover the cameras . Now

Cameras are too high up. But that's really funny.

top mom

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 7:53 am
I showed DH my post, he loves his new nickname LOL
I think I'm sticking to it for the time being Laugh

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 8:02 am
top mom wrote:

If you don't watch out your kids will soon have PTSD from seeing their mother being a whirlwind of work and no time... They will prefer their wives to make wafery/ pizza/ takeout suppers from their wives. Just saying...

Or are you one of those women who also manages to look perfect, flawless makeup and fashionable clothing, with infinite time and patience, so that your kids don't suffer from your irritability? If so you are a veritable superwoman (what your doing now doesn't qualify yet...)

imasinger

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 3:17 pm
For those who may have missed out, or for those who fondly remember, OP is referencing this thread:

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....51525

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Apr 17 2019, 8:53 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Cameras are too high up. But that's really funny.

Fill vaccume cleaner with mud. Leave it slightly open. Turn vaccume on.
It might make you some extra mess to clean up as the mud sprays all over, just wipe up the mud, along with the rest of the kitchen, and leave the cameras as is. When he asks you why the cameras are blocked, you can just shrug - " I couldn't have covered them! I can't reach them"

top mom

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 10:05 am
Help!
Zanvele wants to take an Erev- Erev Yom tov nap, and Zevy, Zissy, Zlaty, and the twins are being too noisy!
Should I take them to the park so that Zanvele can recharge after his exhausting trip to the barber, and not finish the last 2 courses of his dinner?
is it safe to send a 5 year old to the park with 2 toddlers and newborn twins?
Help!
P. S. What does a nap mean? 😩

crust

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 3:06 pm
First of all its terrible practice to call a grown man Zanvele. You are enabling him and you are the fault of his PTSD.

A nap is not Jewish practice these days. Please. This is a site for frum women.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 3:20 pm
No offense, but are you newly frum? Someone with a bais yaakov background would know that your questions aren't even questions, they are the answers themselves. Kind of like the mah nishtana. What would you tell any other imamother in your position? Of course you tell him to go rest up! Of course you send the five year old to the park pushing a quad stroller!

And tomorrow night you will smile serenely as your dh sings אם הבנים שמחה.

batya315

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 6:36 pm
top mom wrote:

You mean this is ALL that you're doing?
OMG, you're totally shirking your responsibilities! What about observing the slaughtering the chickens/cattle. You mean you even trust a local baal machshir with that? This is Pesach. And don't tell me you shop - you should be sewing the clothes from scratch. What today's women have come to... It pains me to read this.
And clean and wash and wipe? Is that how you make your home Pesach'dig? Do you think it's kosher l'pesach at all? You should be scouring, scrubbing, toothpicking and nitpicking. You should be running all surfaces over with a steam machine at 500 degrees fahrenheit.
Your poor husband! No wonder he's a mess...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen