Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o Chaos in Lakewood - Explanation

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 11:25 am
I was not sure if I should post this. But the Rosh Yeshiva himself says he's speaking at the risk of people being mevazeh him, and I think there's a lot to be gained from his message.
here

Note it's a speech to his talmidim. If you don't understand "yeshivaspeak" you may not follow everything, but I am happy to translate if you have specific questions.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 11:41 am
Thank-you for posting.

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 11:42 am
Can you summarize in 2 sentences?

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 12:44 pm
Ok, just listened. Very confused...why was a similar event made on Tuesday night, this time acceptable, if the first event was "taanugim for the sake of taanugim, a chasunah without the chosson and kallah"? Please help me understand, thank you.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 10:45 pm
I shouldn't of listened to this . My blood pressure is going through the roof. I hope I am not in the hospital before yom tov

Who is responsible for the Chilul Hashem ..

Not the Roshi Yeshiva, who are repressing these bochurim for years until they explode..

Not the bochurim for acting like spoiled brats.

Not the parents for not raising their sons better.. Even nice boys from secular families act like this..

Who is responsible for the chillul Hashem. The poor guy who worked all day, in addition to Pesach cleaning and just wanted to go to sleep in peace..
He will be held accountable in Shomayim for the Chilul Hashem..

chestnut

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 11:23 pm
No time to listen to that for 30 mins. Can you please summarize what reasons he gives for cancelling the original one?

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 11:26 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I shouldn't of listened to this . My blood pressure is going through the roof. I hope I am not in the hospital before yom tov

Who is responsible for the Chilul Hashem ..

Not the Roshi Yeshiva, who are repressing these bochurim for years until they explode..

Not the bochurim for acting like spoiled brats.

Not the parents for not raising their sons better.. Even nice boys from secular families act like this..

Who is responsible for the chillul Hashem. The poor guy who worked all day, in addition to Pesach cleaning and just wanted to go to sleep in peace..
He will be held accountable in Shomayim for the Chilul Hashem..

Can you please explain further? Is this what the Rosh Yeshiva said?

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 1:19 am
He said the one who called the police caused the chill Hashem and will have to answer in shomayim

He said in 44 years it's the biggest bezoyin ha Torah he ever saw

It was cancelled because R Shraga Feivel's many years of learning b iyun gives him Dass Torah
His D Torah told him to cancel it NOT THE YUNGERMAN IN FP.
And we should accept that unconditionally..

DVOM

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 6:28 am
Goodness, gracious! What are you supposed to do when there is an impromptu concert on your street at midnight, plus boys are setting fires in the neighborhood garbage cans? I'd call the police too. That's what they're there for. Now I'm really going to need to listen to the whole thing...

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 6:36 am
Adding to the balagan, it was reported that the police used pepper spray, and 4 boys were sent to the hospital. The police also brought large dogs with them, which is really triggering for a lot of Jews.

The whole thing is a mess, and could have been prevented by just letting the boys go hear someone sing and give a dvar torah.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 3:27 pm
I don't live there. But if that happened on my block I would have called the police too. I have to work in the morning. My kids need to sleep.
Plus I would be afraid someone would get hurt or set private property on fire. I don't care who is doing it- it is wrong and shouldn't be permitted.
Why is he in the wrong for calling? He wasnt stealing sleep, disturbing the peace or commuting arson...

chestnut

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 6:38 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
He said the one who called the police caused the chill Hashem and will have to answer in shomayim

He said in 44 years it's the biggest bezoyin ha Torah he ever saw

It was cancelled because R Shraga Feivel's many years of learning b iyun gives him Dass Torah
His D Torah told him to cancel it NOT THE YUNGERMAN IN FP.
And we should accept that unconditionally..

Ouch!!!
And why was the 2nd one done, then? Also just accept, don't ask?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics