Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
The Excitement is Building

Aylat

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 4:39 am
We're almost there! Just wanted to share Smile

ssspectacular

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 5:23 am
Yes! woke up really excited. Finally, Erev Pesaxh! Chag kosher vsameach to all!

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 7:33 am
Honestly at this point all I feel is exhausted and wanting my bed . I am dreading staying up for the sedarim. How do you feel excited when you feel like a worn out dish rag?

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 7:34 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Honestly at this point all I feel is exhausted and wanting my bed . I am dreading staying up for the sedarim. How do you feel excited when you feel like a worn out dish rag?

I feel you!
Wondering the same thing

DVOM

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 7:39 am
I'm excited too! My boys are in the kitchen, having our traditional biur chometz morning 'chometz party:" grilled cheese sandwiches, chocolate chip pancakes, banana muffins and cup after cup of hot cocoa. We can't wait to get in the car and head to bubby's house... the chol hamoed trip planning started this morning too. My 10 year old and 8 year old are on the phone with their cousins, planning Monday's trip: parents against kids capture the flag in central park. I love pesach!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 7:45 am
This is going to be my first Pesach in JERUSALEM!!! Very Happy

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 7:46 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

I am a worn out dish rag with no new clothes, definitely not excited at all about the next few days. And also dreading staying up for the Sederim.

DVOM

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 8:03 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I am a worn out dish rag with no new clothes, definitely not excited at all about the next few days. And also dreading staying up for the Sederim.

I'm sorry you didn't get anything new for yourself, that's hard Crying

Regarding the seder: I also find it very stressful to stay up. I don't do well on little sleep. So while the men are in shul I say the basics of the haggada (pesach, matzo, morror) so I know I did what I have to, and then I can head to the couch whenever I start getting too tired. We have a biiiig seder with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins... it goes really slow, and ends really late. Most often, my husband and kids end the seder with the extended family without me. Thats OK.

When we make pesach ourselves, I have a feeling that we'll be the type of family that ends the seder at 11. I just don't do well with late nights.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 8:06 am
DVOM wrote:
I'm sorry you didn't get anything new for yourself, that's hard Crying

Regarding the seder: I also find it very stressful to stay up. I don't do well on little sleep. So while the men are in shul I say the basics of the haggada (pesach, matzo, morror) so I know I did what I have to, and then I can head to the couch whenever I start getting too tired. We have a biiiig seder with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins... it goes really slow, and ends really late. Most often, my husband and kids end the seder with the extended family without me. Thats OK.

When we make pesach ourselves, I have a feeling that we'll be the type of family that ends the seder at 11. I just don't do well with late nights.

I like your plan. That's an excellent example of self care, and not pushing yourself so hard that you make yourself sick. I wish we could all learn from you, and let go of the guilt!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics