Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How do I get my nails looking like in the salon?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 4:40 pm
I cut my cuticles and put on the base coat, colour, and top coat. I also sprayed them with a drying spray but it still doesn't look as good as when they do it in the salon and it has chipped right away. It hasn't dried properly. What am I doing wrong?

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 4:51 pm
Just go to the salon
They have years of expertise and equipment
It's like trying to do a root canal in your living room by watching YouTube videos

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 4:54 pm
It's about technique. I also can't do it as well.
But when I do my nails myself I use OPI since it lasts longer and goes on more smoothly.

Lesia

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 6:10 pm
If you do it yourself it’ll never look as good as at a salon. That’s just how it is.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 6:14 pm
Wouldn't exactly compare a manicure to a root canal. Did you trim/ push back your cuticles? That's something they typically do during a manicure. Also, you need to really let each layer dry properly before doing the next coat.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 6:23 pm
Also I have so little control when using my left hand to polish my right fingers as a righty!

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 6:44 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Also I have so little control when using my left hand to polish my right fingers as a righty!

Lots of practice!! It really all comes down to muscle memory. Some tips I've picked up:
1. Use a good quality polish and an even better top coat. Seche vite gel top coat is excellent. It dries all the layers and melds them together.

2. Speaking of layers, work in thin, even layers, and build up 2 to 3 coats. Dont apply thick layers.

3. Don't flood your cuticles with polish. Create an oval nail bed shape leaving the teeniest space between your polish and your cuticle.

4. Clean up! Use a synthetic smudge brush and acetone to clean the edges.

A good youtube video will explain the above in better detail. "Young wild and polished" hasnt been putting out anything decent in quite a while, but had a good video a few years ago showing each step.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 8:40 am
Never cut the cuticle
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics