Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Does your husband help with pesach cleaning?
1  2  3  Next

oakandfig19

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 8:49 am
I keep hearing about women who do literally all the cleaning by themselves...is that common? My husband and I are both super busy so we both pitch in. Are there other couples like us? Maybe a stupid question but I’m actually confused...like if you’re a stay at home mom and your hubby works that’s one thing (not saying that a sahm isn’t hard work just that you’re around the house more) but in couples where both people work is it actually common for the wife to do most of the cleaning?

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 8:51 am
we both work out of the house. I carry the burden of pesach cleaning but he'll gladly help out in evenings if I'm very specific about what I need. if I go out to run errands and I don't tell him exactly what I want him to do then nothing will get done. I find that true all year round too. Very Happy

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 8:52 am
We both work out of the house. Dh does more pesach cleaning than me but I do the cooking.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 8:58 am
We both work, but I have more time at home and I like to do the kitchen so I do. We don't do major spring cleaning for Pesach, just the kitchen. Dh does a lot of the shopping, and frequently does cleaning throughout the year.

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 9:05 am
My husband does plenty. We hire someone to clean. He does all the kashering and shopping. I do all the cooking.

oakandfig19

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 9:07 am
Phew okay thanks everyone for giving a different perspective!

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 9:08 am
I work twice as much as my husband outside the house and he didn't do a thing for pesach cleaning besides pouring the boiling water in the sink and covering the already cleared counters. I asked for help with many things. It was told it's not a mans job. Whatever.

amother
Periwinkle

My DH does almost all the cleaning and cooking. We both work full-time, but I work more hours with less flexibility.

Rachel Shira

My husband does the kashering and any jobs I ask him to do when he’s home. But he works more than full time and I had the week off of work so most of it fell on me.

pizza4

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 9:11 am
I don't understand how somebody could do it all themselves! Dh helped with all heavy cleaning, plus lots (and lots) of errands.
I work full time. Maybe if I'd be a sahm I'd be able to do more but I don't think I would do it all myself.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 9:13 am
my husband turns into a monster erev pesach - he reminds me of the michael jackson video thriller -when michale turns into a warewulf Twisted Evil
he turms the kitchen upside down and tapes up the kitchen as if it were a Crime Scene
he would not let me eat a bagel inside the hosue three days ago ---- Crying
after pesach ends, secounds later he has to put away all the pesach dishes etc away .
during the rest of the Sad year he is normal , Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Twisted Evil

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 9:15 am
My husband works a couple of jobs so I do all the cleaning and cooking. Some years I will ask him to help me out with certain jobs if I'm not managing or feel overwhelmed. It worked out this way because my husband has much more earning potential than me. I do sometimes feel resentful about it and there for encourage my daughter's to go to college.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 9:31 am
I did practically all the cleaning.
My husband did all his own junk - he did one bedroom which is basically his dumping place, the car and moving the fridge and oven, lined the fridge and I helped with covering the counters....

aricelli

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 9:37 am
I do most of the cleaning. I bh have a bit of cleaning help and a super helpful
Teenage daughter. My husband is a sweetie and would do anything I ask of him but I prefer when he leaves the cleaning to me. He helps me by letting my super bouncy little boy “help” him at work

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 9:38 am
He's out of the house more hours each day, but we do the big stuff together.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 9:41 am
My husband doesn’t clean much, but neither do I. My cleaning lady did all the bedrooms, basement, playroom, and turned over almost the whole kitchen by herself. She also washed all the winter coats and backpacks and the stroller. I did the kashering and the rest of the turning over. And put all the pesach stuff into the turned over cabinets. I did all the shopping for groceries and appliances. I did the barbershop, the shoe store, the clothing stores and alterations. I did most of the cooking, the cleaning lady is helping with the rest of the cooking today. My husband usually does my car but he told me to hire someone this year, so I did. Last night he went to the grocery to buy marror and then he ground the marror with my son. Today he is buying a toaster oven because I threw out my old one. Today I sent my boys to cleaners, pharmacy and a couple more errands. Cleaning lady is bh here and will iron, and finish up laundry. We will probably set the table for the Seder together. Bh we are almost at the finish line.
When it comes to turning the kitchen back to chometz, my husband does most of the work. I’m just to exhausted by then.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 10:17 am
Im bewildered by all the "my husband does nothing" threads all year round. Not only in the "housework" department, but even more so I'm horrified by the husbands who dont even bring in income, or are stingy and controlling with money, and the wives here are working themselves to the bone and are pinching pennies to buy basics.

I'm even more confused because I was born, raised, and married into a ethnicity with a slightly chauvinistic reputation, but NONE of this would fly. AT ALL.

pg

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 10:20 am
Nopes all by myself! I'm a sahm with 4 lil kids and practically no help... He works hard all day and despises housework... Bh I love too but it is quite overwhelming sometimes...

icedcoffee

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 10:39 am
We both work and we both clean equally.

tymama

Post Fri, Apr 19 2019, 10:51 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I work twice as much as my husband outside the house and he didn't do a thing for pesach cleaning besides pouring the boiling water in the sink and covering the already cleared counters. I asked for help with many things. It was told it's not a mans job. Whatever.

Next time he says that tell him and it’s not a woman’s job to be earning a living like that. So we share the burden Can't Believe It
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics