Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
I told God at the Seder
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 7:31 pm
That HE knows why we can't have a baby
That I hate hormonal B.C. but I have no choice
That the IUD failed last time
That HE is responsible for my health

That I work very hard
That our income isn't stable
That we have done everything in our means
That HE should take charge

That I have to lose weight
That I am always stressed out
That I have no time for myself
That HE should show me a better way

That my heart sinks to see my kids issues
That I run from psychiatrist to therapist
That I'm exhausted
That I need meaning purpose and help

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 7:55 pm
At the seder I read the hagada's account of a colossal geula and hoped that Hashem would redeem my humble little family from our difficulties.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 8:02 pm
May we all this Pesach gain the FREEDOM to accept with an open heart and mind the perfect life which has been constructed for us so we can we stop instrumentalising everyone and everything around us and stop telling G-d how to run His world.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 8:11 pm
What's g-ds track record?

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 8:36 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
May we all this Pesach gain the FREEDOM to accept with an open heart and mind the perfect life which has been constructed for us so we can we stop instrumentalising everyone and everything around us and stop telling G-d how to run His world.

We can beg Hashem to change situations in our lives....we are not telling Him how to run His world. Accepting that Hashem orchestrates our lives doesn't mean we can't daven for changes.

miami85

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 8:41 pm
I was in a similar situation, in terms of I was not happy with my b.c., I didn't want to be a nidda for 6 months on the IUD, I was the last year of my degree which had taken me long enough, I was struggling in my job at the time, our finances were shaky. My eldest was getting special education services and my 2nd was entering his terrible 2s which hasnt ended several years later. It was NOT the best time for a baby, but you know what, I had an easy pregnancy, easy labor, went back to work and school after 5 weeks, graduated, got a job. She was such a good infant, good baby and she's a pleasure child. She brings me such joy that I don't know what I would do without her. I hope you find such joy from your future child.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 8:52 pm
miami85 wrote:
I was in a similar situation, in terms of I was not happy with my b.c., I didn't want to be a nidda for 6 months on the IUD, I was the last year of my degree which had taken me long enough, I was struggling in my job at the time, our finances were shaky. My eldest was getting special education services and my 2nd was entering his terrible 2s which hasnt ended several years later. It was NOT the best time for a baby, but you know what, I had an easy pregnancy, easy labor, went back to work and school after 5 weeks, graduated, got a job. She was such a good infant, good baby and she's a pleasure child. She brings me such joy that I don't know what I would do without her. I hope you find such joy from your future child.

Thanks for your blessing...
My husband isnt mentally stable
Not a great time to bring in a child here
We got enough on our plates

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 8:53 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

I'm not telling God how to run HIS world
I was just telling HIM my side of things

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 8:54 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
We can beg Hashem to change situations in our lives....we are not telling Him how to run His world. Accepting that Hashem orchestrates our lives doesn't mean we can't daven for changes.

Thanks
I was having a frank conversation with HIM.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 9:03 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
What's g-ds track record?

What's your track record?
I understand you because
Not very long ago
I was in darker places
I had to have proof
Before I believed
Before I prayed
Before I spoke to God

This holiday
Is one of Emunah
So I figured I'll believe
For the sake of believing
I'll speak to God
For the sake of speaking to God
It didn't hurt me
We're good

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 9:39 pm
Good for you. We are supposed to speak to Hashem, and to daven for what we want and need. And to thank Him for the good in our lives. Hashem gave us tefila for a reason.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 9:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What's your track record?
I understand you because
Not very long ago
I was in darker places
I had to have proof
Before I believed
Before I prayed
Before I spoke to God

This holiday
Is one of Emunah
So I figured I'll believe
For the sake of believing
I'll speak to God
For the sake of speaking to God
It didn't hurt me
We're good

thank you op for reminding me that this chag is about amunah. I was so caught up with my own pain and exhaustion that I forgot about the ABC of pesach. your simple words gave me a spark of hope

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2019, 11:24 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
thank you op for reminding me that this chag is about amunah. I was so caught up with my own pain and exhaustion that I forgot about the ABC of pesach. your simple words gave me a spark of hope

Thanks
It's so good to hear that I can give hope to someone somewhere

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 7:44 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

I think this is a worthy goal. But I also think OP is on to something. I've heard that the seder is an auspicious time to daven, I.e. talk to Hashem, at different points: Before Ma Nishtana, where many hagados say, "vekan habein shoel" and at the word "vanizak."

OP, I hope this was cathartic and may Hashem be memaleh kol mishalos libchem for the obvious tova, soon! And I say this to everyone reading, too.

Amalia

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 7:49 am
miami85 wrote:

Worst advice ever.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 8:38 am
Amalia wrote:
Worst advice ever.

Worlds nicest post.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 9:09 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I think this is a worthy goal. But I also think OP is on to something. I've heard that the seder is an auspicious time to daven, I.e. talk to Hashem, at different points: Before Ma Nishtana, where many hagados say, "vekan habein shoel" and at the word "vanizak."

OP, I hope this was cathartic and may Hashem be memaleh kol mishalos libchem for the obvious tova, soon! And I say this to everyone reading, too.

Thanks!

Israeli_C

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 12:00 pm
I was so busy with all the work involved in Pesach that I forgot about G-d completely...

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 2:06 pm
Israeli_C wrote:
I was so busy with all the work involved in Pesach that I forgot about G-d completely...

Aw, cmon. I'm sure it wasn't completely. I'm not going to stalk you but I bet I could dig up some insightful and meaningful posts here over the last few weeks.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 6:35 pm
Israeli_C wrote:

To be perfectly honest I spoke to God while I was getting dressed for the Seder and then whenever I had a tiny moment.

I think you mentioned that you had a few little kids I am not sure if I would be able to articulate any prayer in your situation.

If you remember to say shema and berachos you're a hero.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics