Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Thinking for next yr, Best deals for Florida Pesach rentals?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 10:55 am
I dont need a villa, and I dont want to share a house with people I dont know well. I want to share a house with my married children for Pesach.

What setup would work for me, for next year iyH?

All I need is a large home (5 or 6 large sleeping areas would do it) to rent over Pesach, walking distance to a frum Minyan. Doesnt have to be Orlando. Miami area is fine.

Where would the prices start for the kind of rental Im looking for (for next year)?

TIA

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 11:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dont need a villa, and I dont want to share a house with people I dont know well. I want to share a house with my married children for Pesach.

All I need is a large home (5 or 6 large sleeping areas would do it) to rent over Pesach, walking distance to a frum Minyan. Doesnt have to be Orlando. Miami area is fine.

Where would the prices start for the kind of rental Im looking for (for next year)?

TIA

We do it for sukkos. Either Boca Raton or last year we did Miami. We are also a bunch of ppl and need quite a few bedrooms. Our house we took in Miami was 8 bedrooms and a great setup right by frum area last year for sukkos. It was 10k I think for sukkos. I know someone who wanted it pesach and they wanted 15k.

North Miami may be cheaper. Sometimes we take two smaller houses near each other.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 11:29 am
If you're really looking for the most frugal option, it's probably Orlando. Miami area is much more expensive. You need to find out where in Orlando people rent pesach homes, ie which development. Then either reserve in the same place or within walking distance.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 11:37 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
We do it for sukkos. Either Boca Raton or last year we did Miami. We are also a bunch of ppl and need quite a few bedrooms. Our house we took in Miami was 8 bedrooms and a great setup right by frum area last year for sukkos. It was 10k I think for sukkos. I know someone who wanted it pesach and they wanted 15k.

North Miami may be cheaper. Sometimes we take two smaller houses near each other.

$10,000 outside of food and travel expenses, is a lot of money for one Yom Tov (a 2 week rental max). Id think hard about spending that even for a whole summer.

Anything way cheaper in a frum area?

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 11:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
$10,000 outside of food and travel expenses, is a lot of money for one Yom Tov (a 2 week rental max). Id think hard about spending that even for a whole summer.

No idea. I know we have been doing it for years and depending how many bedrooms we needed it was between 5k and 10k. The eight bedroom house was 10k. It's hard to find anything over a 5 bedroom. North Miami is cheaper I think. Do t know how much.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 12:08 pm
Copper, how do you find a rental home?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 9:25 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:

I know this thread is a bit old, but is you see this, copper another, can you give me the info for the house you rented in Miami? What neighborhood? We are having a hard time finding a large enough place.

happyone

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 9:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

TIA

Can we get through Rosh Hashan before making next year Pesach plans? What What

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 10:19 am
happyone wrote:
Can we get through Rosh Hashan before making next year Pesach plans? What What

It's an old thread. I bumped it up because I'm looking for a place for Sukkos.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Sep 29 2019, 2:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

That's my dilemma and it's just me my husband and 23 year old son

We were all set to go to an airbnb in Orlando and pay for the Chabad Seder
That would be 1200 plus another 1000 for food . Then you need to figure in travel expenses

In the end we rented a nice house in Jackson and it worked out perfectly

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Oct 04 2019, 12:00 am
Orlando is the best option usually for Sukkos-Pesach not expensive and very spacious houses. Oh and tons of minyanim
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics