Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Can a swimming pool be used as a Mikvah?
Previous  1  2

watergirl

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 12:41 pm
sarahmalka wrote:
I was given permission to dip during the daytime and not night. Ask a rav. But for me it was the day after my mikvah night, maybe that makes a difference (we were not able to access any mikvah at all the night of). Mikvah should definitely be able to accommodate a daytime tovel.

There are halachos involved if you dip during the daytime BEFORE your actual night. One may dip at any time after your night and only need permission from the mikvah (they may not be able to accompdate). Once a woman has toveled, she cant see her husband until after the time that she would normally dip. Its very complicated.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Aug 24 2018, 1:37 pm
I'm not sure why the answers are focusing on calling Chabad. If there's a mikva, call whether it's Chabad or not. I know someone who had this exact issue, and the rabbi who oversaw the Chabad mikva said she could not go, but the rabbi of the community mikva said it would be okay as long as she did not see her husband before nightfall.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 6:28 am
Just found this thread. I’m away for whole Pesach and my night of Tevillah comes out Yom Tov night. I have a chabad mikvah about 25 minute drive away. There’s lots of water around. Lakes, man made beach, river, pools etc. was wondering what I need to do or just wait till after Yom Tov to toivel where I can travel too. Would so not want to waste 2 days not being clean.
Any suggestions? Is there something I can do?

mo5

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 8:53 am
Ask a Rov about using the natural bodies of water. Not a pool obviously, but whether the lakes or rivers where you are qualify as מים חיים and how to go about actually going to the Mikvah in these circumstances

dankbar

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 10:02 am
I know that chassidish men that toivel use pool in hotels as mikvah before shabbos, at shabbatons.

naomi1

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 11:11 am
Is it the first night of Yom Tov or the second night? I. had the same issue last year. I was away, and the closest Mikva was not possible to walk to (Mikva night was the first night). I spoke to a rav and got a heter to tovel erev Yom Tov.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 11:33 am
dankbar wrote:
I know that chassidish men that toivel use pool in hotels as mikvah before shabbos, at shabbatons.

The halachos of a woman's mikvah are much more complex. My husband toivels every day and a pool would be fine if there's no choice but not for a woman.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 4:16 pm
dankbar wrote:

Lol and my dh relies on a certain amount of shower water when he's in a pinch. Not to be duplicated by women!

shanarishona

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 12:46 am
There are issues with toveling on the eighth day too. Must ask sheila

urban gypsy

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 12:51 am
dankbar wrote:

Can someone please explain this to me? My non religious boss allows the Chabad men on her street to dip in her swimming pool. What are the parameters for a men’s Mikva? Why can’t they just use their bathtub at home instead of skinny dipping in a neighbours pool?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 4:55 am
urban gypsy wrote:
Can someone please explain this to me? My non religious boss allows the Chabad men on her street to dip in her swimming pool. What are the parameters for a men’s Mikva? Why can’t they just use their bathtub at home instead of skinny dipping in a neighbours pool?

To my limited understanding, it has to do with the volume of water.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 4:52 pm
urban gypsy wrote:

I can tell you she is specially nice. She is going out of her way! WOW!

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 5:01 pm
Oops its an old post

urban gypsy

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 10:17 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I can tell you she is specially nice. She is going out of her way! WOW!

IDK about that she makes fun of how all the rabbis are walking around nude in her backyard. That got me thinking, perhaps it would be more modest to skip the pool dip or do it in your bathtub since it's not a real mikvah anyway?

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 10:37 am
Do they pay her? Hopefully she does not take pictures. If they pay her and are polite its working.

urban gypsy

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 10:39 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Do they pay her? Hopefully she does not take pictures. If they pay her and are polite its working.

They don't pay her. I'm sure she doesn't take pictures, but surely there is a more modest way of going about mikvah dipping.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions