Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Can't sleep...mattress really hard

Beingreal

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:11 am
I am by my sister for 2nd day and the bed mattress is hard and my back hurts. How should I approach this to her without msking her feel bad her beds are so uncomfortable?

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:54 am
Every person likes a different type of mattress. I like it quite firm but I've noticed that older women enjoy much softer. I cannot sleep in a bed that changes shape with every movement.
On the other hand, my ex enjoyed the hardest bed in the store. No jumping whatsoever.
So maybe you can explain to her that you just don't like the same type of mattress that she does.

nicole81

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:57 am
Purchase a memory foam mattress topper and either keep it for yourself and don't say a word to her, or let her know that you purchased it, and that she can keep it for future guests, yourself included (and grateful).

Beingreal

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:58 am
Thanks everyone. Really cant sllep because my back aches..gonna be a basket case tomorrow with the kids!

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 5:13 am
Beingreal wrote:
Thanks everyone. Really cant sllep because my back aches..gonna be a basket case tomorrow with the kids!

Same Crying

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 5:41 am
Beingreal wrote:

My MIL bought us new mattresses for when we visit, was all excited and surprised us. they are slabs of granite. When we kindly mentioned they are a bit firm she was like "I know, I tried to get the firmest ones possible, aren't they great??"
Some people love a hard mattress. go figure.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 5:44 am
Same by my in laws, and we stay here for 2-3 weeks at a time. It's really rough. I would never say anything, their house their mattresses. I think it's a great idea to buy a mattress topper and pack it along every time you go. Every time we get home from traveling my dh and I sink into our soft mattresses and go ahhhh! Nothing like our own beds Smile

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:10 am
I feel your pain, literally. My back hurts so much!

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 8:16 am
Everyone is different , I need hard matress to sleep well, while DH loves soft matresses. Consider buying matress topper in Target or Walmart and leaving it at your sisters house. I would tell my sister that I like softer matresses , not a big deal. Also you can put several blankets ( pref down blankets) and put a fitted sheet over them as a temp solution.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 9:12 am
Unless she has another guest room available that you could easily transfer to, I definitely wouldn’t say anything to her . Like others recommended , buy a mattress topper. Don’t involve her .

Beingreal

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 9:19 am
Thanks guys...so tired!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics