Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Oh! No! Pesach "Horror" Stories
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 2:30 pm
Ok...horror stories is not exactly the right word but this is what happened .
On the first night of Pesach my 8 yr old DS eagerly set the table for the Seder while I sat on the couch half asleep, exhausted , conversing with my mother.
All the males have their own silver bechers and matching "tetzlach"(plates). For us women, we used the disposable plastic bechers on China plates.
We were up to the makos and I suddenly realized that the China plates that my becher and my mothers becher were on were from my chometz set of China. My DS didn't realize that I have two sets of China . He just followed my instructions and put bechers on China plates . The ones he is familiar with. I gave out such a panicked gasp but B"H all was good. Nobody ate off those plates it just had the bechers sitting on them, and I quickly removed them from the table , rinsed them in the bathroom and put them away. But seeing my chometz plates on the Seder table did have me freak out for a moment there . Do you have a story to share?

urban gypsy

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 2:51 pm
Yikes! So proud of you thunderstorm for keeping your calm and solving this without alarming anyone.

Not my story but the best one I ever heard was from my high school home ec teacher, whose little toddler son spent all year filling the AC vents with Cheerios unbeknownst to her. Right before the Seder, she decided to turn on the AC for the first time of the season and blew a tsunami of cereal all over her beautifully set seder table.

Her other awful story (non Pesachdik) home ec story was forgetting to label her cottage cheese lokshen kugel as milchig before putting it in the freezer and unwittingly serving it to her inlaws at a Shabbos lunch together with the cholent.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 2:55 pm
The day of bedikas chametz this year we went out for pizza. We had a couple of extra slices so we packed it in a bag to go. Somehow there was some confusion, and it ended up in a grocery bag of pesach nosh... Which I discovered last night, when I was searching for a midnight snack TMI

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 2:59 pm
suddenly we heard a loud knocking at the Door ! we all looked at each other wondering who it could be ?
a three year old guest locked his father out of the house ! LOL LOL the little boy laughed hysterically when we opened the door . Wink Wink Wink ,

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 3:36 pm
That cheerios in the a/c story has happened to our Rov. It's in Rabbi Ribiats Hilchos Pesach book.

urban gypsy

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 3:40 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
That cheerios in the a/c story has happened to our Rov. It's in Rabbi Ribiats Hilchos Pesach book.

Whoa. Now I'm sort of disturbed. Do you think this is a common thing or did my high school home ec teacher try to pass this story off as her own? Confused

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 3:41 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
Whoa. Now I'm sort of disturbed. Do you think this is a common thing or did my high school home ec teacher try to pass this story off as her own? Confused

Must be a common occurrence, happened to a family friend also.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 3:45 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Ok...horror stories is not exactly the right word but this is what happened .
On the first night of Pesach my 8 yr old DS eagerly set the table for the Seder while I sat on the couch half asleep, exhausted , conversing with my mother.
All the males have their own silver bechers and matching "tetzlach"(plates). For us women, we used the disposable plastic bechers on China plates.
We were up to the makos and I suddenly realized that the China plates that my becher and my mothers becher were on were from my chometz set of China. My DS didn't realize that I have two sets of China . He just followed my instructions and put bechers on China plates . The ones he is familiar with. I gave out such a panicked gasp but B"H all was good. Nobody ate off those plates it just had the bechers sitting on them, and I quickly removed them from the table , rinsed them in the bathroom and put them away. But seeing my chometz plates on the Seder table did have me freak out for a moment there . Do you have a story to share?

Why were they accessible? They should’ve been locked away,,,

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:04 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

DH didn't realize that he didn't tape that cabinet shut. All the other doors on my China closet besides that one and the Pesach one were taped up. We live and learn.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:09 pm
I found two bugs on the Romain lettuce we used for marror.. On the second night 😕. I buy prechecked and wrongfully relied on the hechsher. So we probably ate infested marror the first night. I feel horrible and so guilty towards the rest of the family.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:14 pm
A few years ago my grandmother's candlesticks caught on fire during seder. Fire, melted metal and glass, terrifying. Had to use the fire extinguisher which spewed chemicals all over my beautifully set table. Amother because had guests that night who could be on here.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:18 pm
I don't know the details, but my friend shared on Facebook that someone at the table accidentally set the afikomen on fire and someone else put it out with seltzer. I'm eager to know how exactly that all went down LOL

Emotional

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:30 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I don't know the details, but my friend shared on Facebook that someone at the table accidentally set the afikomen on fire and someone else put it out with seltzer. I'm eager to know how exactly that all went down LOL

That's gebrochts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:39 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

This comment is soooo not in the spirit of this thread.... If you don’t get that, you must be missing the point of the thread. I really hope so. The alternative is that your comment was mean-spirited.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 5:08 pm
I was getting my daughter dressed for after her erev pesach bath. I opened her drawer to get a headband and found a full cookie. I decided to check thru all her drawers and found a granola bar and some cereal. I cleaned them quickly and flushed the food down. We had cleaned them for pesach the week before ..

ggdm

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:43 pm
I received a package from a business contact during pesach and when I opened it, I found a pack of cookies (chametz of course), which they decided to send as a Easter gift to their customers.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:53 pm
One year Erev Pesach (after the zman of course) we found a giant pile of cheerios. Like a few cups worth. Almost had a heart attack as I knew we had checked there!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 8:08 pm
My mother always tells this story that when I was a baby we lived above a bakery and my parents had mice all the time. (Gross! I know). One Pesach they were in the middle of the Seuda and a mouse came waddling into the dining room with a piece of bread in its mouth, dropped the bread on the floor in front of everyone and scampered off. They covered the bread with a napkin and burnt it on Chol Hamoed.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 8:17 pm
DH cleaned the car for Pesach earlier this year than any other . Bedikas chometz day he took the kids out to give me a break and he bought them pringles. He left the bag with the uneaten chips in the car and reminded himself about it the second day of YT. Motze YT he burned the bag.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 8:18 pm
I was at the grocery for a second run of pesach staples. On a whim I checked the spices for a kosher for pesach certification and it didn’t have one.

Two days before I had bought all my spices from this store and cooked up a storm. I was terrified that my spices were not kosher for pesach.

I kept this to myself. Did not want to alarm anyone. But as soon as I got home I checked all my spices and thankfully they were all kosher for pesach.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics